Gabapentin

• Thread starter Thread starter FM001
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FM001

Today I was prescribed gabapentin for a back condition I have endured for some time now, and been told to take one 300g tablet daily for the first week, two daily the second week and three the following week and thereafter. As I have no knowledge of this drug and its effects on diabetes control, are there any other members who have been on this drug and what were your experiences whilst on it? As per usual, looking at the patients info inside the pack at the potential side-effects, it makes me wonder if I even want to take the first dose!:( Toby.

Today I was prescribed gabapentin for a back condition I have endured for some time now, and been told to take one 300g tablet daily for the first week, two daily the second week and three the following week and thereafter. As I have no knowledge of this drug and its effects on diabetes control, are there any other members who have been on this drug and what were your experiences whilst on it? As per usual, looking at the patients info inside the pack at the potential side-effects, it makes me wonder if I even want to take the first dose!:( Toby.

Good grief! A 300g tablet!! Strewth!!! 😱

You could get the Ten Commandments on THAT!

Hi Toby, i've been on this drug for quite some time now. I take it because i have chronic Trigeminal Neuralgia. I had it increased like you and now i'm on the maximum dose of 1800mg per day. I personally, haven't had any side effects and the relief it has given me from the excrutiating pain i was in is amazing. Having said this i also take Tegretol which works hand in hand with the Gabapentin

Good luck with it

Hazey

Many thanks Hazey and pleased you have had success with this drug!🙂 Could I ask you if gabapentin had any effect on blood glucose control? I did ask my gp but all he said was to monitor and adjust accordingly should my bg increase. Thanks again. Toby.

Hi Toby, fortunately it has had no effect on my blood sugars, so fingers crossed you'll have the same success

Regards

Hazey

Hi Toby, fortunately it has had no effect on my blood sugars, so fingers crossed you'll have the same success

Regards

Hazey

Thanks again Hazey in taking the time to reply..........much appreciated!🙂 Toby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back