Not open for further replies.

everydayupsanddowns

Administrator
Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
He/Him
Heard today that the update for tSlim that allows it to work with Dexcom’s g7 will begin to roll out in the UK.

I think the G7 is cheaper than the G6?

Not sure if eventually they’ll begin to ship tSlim’s with that update pre-applied, or will give people the choice.

Heard today that the update for tSlim that allows it to work with Dexcom’s g7 will begin to roll out in the UK.

I think the G7 is cheaper than the G6?
That was my understanding about the relative costs when I started to self-fund G7 in spring 2023. I've found the G7 to be both accurate and on the whole very reliable. It's smaller than the G6 and is akin to Libre 2 as a combined sensor and transmitter. Both G6 and G7 are only 10 day sensors. The G7 can be placed on an adult's abdomen, which I find convenient.

Both G6 and G7 are only 10 day sensors.

You can successfully restart G6 in a number of ways. When I was self funding I ran mine for 2x (so one restart) and almost all of them gave solid and reliable data for 20 days (which allowed me to afford full time use).

The restart method I use involves popping the transmitter out for 10 mins, so wouldn’t work with G7.

The Dexcom January newsletter states that the Tslim / G7 upgrade is available. Will be discussing the upgrade at next pump clinic. Will be interested to know if Tandem / AirLiquide are on the same page....

For those of you on T-Slim keep an eye on your emails! We got one from AirLiquide a couple of days ago:

Accessing the Update

From the 23rd January, a staggered rollout of the Tandem t:slim™ 7.7 Control IQ software update to you and fellow users of the t:slim™ X2 will begin.
To ensure we provide the highest level of service and support to every patient updating to 7.7, we anticipate this process may take up to 8 weeks.
For now, please:
  • Keep an eye out on your email inbox or letter box for our next correspondence regarding the 7.7 updating process. This will contain information regarding your 7.7 Update ID to initiate the download. You can expect this to arrive anytime between now and late March.
  • Should you wish to discuss any details regarding the 7.7 Software Update please contact your HCP or our Customer Service team. Please note our Customer Service team will not be able to communicate any update codes during this rollout period.
  • By late March, if you have not received an email or letter in relation to your 7.7 Software Update ID, please contact our Customer Service team.
As always at Air Liquide Healthcare, we look forward to supporting you and making diabetes easier for all. We are thrilled to stand with you during this next exciting development on your diabetes journey, ensuring you stay updated, not outdated with your Tandem t:slim X2™ insulin pump!
You can contact our Customer Service team 24/7 on 0800 0121 560(UK) or 1800 12 4912 (IRE). Please note that Update ID/Codes for the 7.7 Software Update will not be given out over the phone.​

For those of you on T-Slim keep an eye on your emails! We got one from AirLiquide a couple of days ago:

Yep! I've seen that this weekend too!

What I haven't looked into yet, is whether this update allows for both G6 and G7, or whether is is only intended for those moving onto G7.

Yep! I've seen that this weekend too!

What I haven't looked into yet, is whether this update allows for both G6 and G7, or whether is is only intended for those moving onto G7.
From what I've heard from T:slim users in the US, the update (at least in the US) seems to allow them to use either the G6 or G7.

So they can update, start using the G7, but have the option of reverting to the G6 without needing to change anything with the software.

I don't know if the US update differs from the UK update at all and this update hasn't been rolled out to me in Germany yet, so I can't speak from experience.

So they can update, start using the G7, but have the option of reverting to the G6 without needing to change anything with the software.

Great! That's what I was hoping for :D

I hope so too! Daughter loves her G6 and doesn’t want to change until she has to. I did point out that G6 will probably be discontinued once G7 can be used anywhere that G6 used to; she wants to stick with G6 until the bitter end though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back