Fuzzy wind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi all. Does anyone have what I can only describe as fizzy wind. I don't know what causes it. When I bring up wind it seems like I've had a fizzy drink but I haven't.

Hi, are you eating a lot of protein?
This can cause a lot of sulphur which can provoke this kind of reaction… jut a thought

Could you be swallowing too much air when you eat? That can cause similar burps.

No. I eat a normal amount of meat. Normally brown seeded toast for breakfast, one slice of brown seeded bread for lunch with normally fish, then meat and 3 veg for evening meal.
Thanks for trying

Has your diet changed quite recently ? Any new medications ?

Are you taking Metformin? Also there's a BP med that causes burping, hubby was on it but he can't remember the name of it.

Could be the met. What BP tabs are you on?

Are we talking about a sort of gassy reflux type burp where perhaps you might occasionally get a sour taste at the back of your throat? If so, I think the Metformin may be the culprit as it can cause gastric upset but I think Trulicity may also cause nausea and stomach upset too. Hopefully someone will correct me if I am wrong.

When do you take the Metformin? I always found that it was better to take it mid meal with a substantial amount of food, so eat half of my meal, take the tablet and then eat the rest. If you take the tablet after the meal and it gets stuck somewhere on the way down it can irritate the oesophagus in the same way as it can irritate the stomach if you take it before food so swallowing mid meal may be best.

Are we talking about a sort of gassy reflux type burp where perhaps you might occasionally get a sour taste at the back of your throat? If so, I think the Metformin may be the culprit as it can cause gastric upset but I think Trulicity may also cause nausea and stomach upset too. Hopefully someone will correct me if I am wrong.

When do you take the Metformin? I always found that it was better to take it mid meal with a substantial amount of food, so eat half of my meal, take the tablet and then eat the rest. If you take the tablet after the meal and it gets stuck somewhere on the way down it can irritate the oesophagus in the same way as it can irritate the stomach if you take it before food so swallowing mid meal may be best.
I take the met about 1/4 way though my meal. Sometimes breakfast and dinner, sometimes lunch and dinner. (Do not always eat breakfast) could not tolerate the full dose of met as in so much pain but not this type of wind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back