Fungal nail

Status
Not open for further replies.

OhJoy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I have a bit of fungal nail happening so I bought some curanail to put on. When I read the leaflet it says not to use if you are diabetic. Anyone any idea why that might be and more importantly what do I use instead?

I saw something on Youtube that reckoned that Surgical Spirit killed off nail fungus more quickly and cheaply than any other treatment. I am assuming you are talking toenails?

When I had an issue my podiatrist recommended Mykored as he felt Curanail was expensive, a pain to apply and not particularly effective.

Thank you, I will try these. I wish I had known before I paid out for thecuranail!

Any of these things take a while to work and rely on them being applied regularly. Whilst expensive they do last a long time. The chiropodist I saw said to abrade the surface of the nail lightly as the stuff absorbs better and if you can get it to run under the nail as well that helps. I think the Mykored was £15 from him.
I heard that Vicks worked well.

Be aware there is no quick fix - basically you are waiting for the nail to grow out which is about 6 months. I've had a FNI twice. My podiatrist recommended Emtrix (about £20 for a tiny tube but it lasted the full 6 months and beyond). Worked well for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back