Funding approved!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

suziepoo

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Last saw the new consultant in January and told him my consumables were due to run out mid-March. No comment was made about when the panel were meeting to approve my funding (they're only paying for the consumables as Manchester paid for and gave me the pump!!)
As mid-March approached, I checked my consumables and told my new DSN that I only had 3 canulas left. She spoke to the company and as a gesture of good will, they gave me a months supply. Sadly, this arrived after my canulas were due to have been used up.
Luckily, Manchester are excellent and had arranged for additional supplies to be sent to me so that I did not run out!!:D Love em!!
Went to see my DSN this week and she brought the local consultant in. Apparently, she had just received an email saying they had approved my funding 48 hours prior to the email! Hoo ray!! I'm a special case she said, so they've been emailing Aberdeen backwards and forwards!!!
That's good news!!
Not so sure about me being the only one in the area with a pump and having to help their staff get up-to-speed with pumps tho!!😡
Have had to explain to the dietician, twice now, how my meter calculates my requirements and adjusts for any insulin still in my system!! But I suppose that's a small price to pay!!
Although explaining my pump to the dentist yesterday was definately more surreal!! But at least it stopped him from singing country n western songs to me!!:D

Phew! Awful that you were left in that position Suzie :( I suppose that when something as novel as this hits them, parts of the NHS bureaucracy just aren't geared up to dealing with them very well - I'm glad to hear that it has finally been sorted out for you. I hope that the reversal of situations, with you teaching everyone else how the pump etc. works, doesn't prove too much of a hindrance to you achieving good control! 🙂

I should hope they have approved it, glad it's got sorted now 🙂 and yay for Manchester getting you some extra supplies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back