Functioning on recommended BG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whisperdog

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I just can't function properly on 4, or even 5 sometimes. I'm feel at my best at 8 - 9. Does anyone else experience this?:

I just can't function properly on 4, or even 5 sometimes. I'm feel at my best at 8 - 9. Does anyone else experience this?:

Have you been used to having higher numbers? If so this will cause you to feel Cr*p at lower (normal) numbers. The more you can keep them down to normal levels the easier and better it will be.

Yes I feel exactly the same. At first I thought it was because I wasnt used to being in the normal range but after a couple of weeks of being less than 6 I still felt best when sitting at 8-10. I wondered if it was psychological because as soon as I saw my sugars were between 8 or 9 I knew I could relax, not worry about hypos and be able to get on with things. I cant think of any other reason, in fact I get hypo symptoms at 4.

I also detect hypo symptoms at 4.5 or less.
More comfortable 5.2 - 7.5

at the min i only feel hypo's at 3 or bellow. when i was first diagnosed i always had my levels between 4 and 9, but now it runs anywhere from 2 up to 22

Levels

I find the same, i get hypo symptoms at 4.5 and below and function great and feel great if i'm running at 8 yet i know this is too high but if i go lower i feel shaky and rubbish and if i go higher i get hot and aggitated, no idea what to do about it though lol

Hi
I have just seen my nurse who said my control was great averages of 6 and 5.5 for last 30n days but i was being to hard on myself ?
I was very upset annoyed and totaly bewildered.
I thought the better your control the better it is ?
Since she lowered my dose im running at 8 8.5.
Is this to high?
colinw😡

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back