Full up quicker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steff

Little Miss Chatterbox
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Since starting on the injections im finding im struggling to finish most evening meals ,not thats its a bad thing but any byetta users out there know if thats one of the things byetta is supposed to do?

I was reading this on another forum earlier today Steff, it does seem to be a feature of the regime that you feel more full up and consequently eat less.

OOOH right well it seems to be working then .

It said the following :

Byetta causes slow gastric emptying thus keeping you full for longer periods of time and in turn causing weight loss because you are eating less.

Hi Steff

Yes that is exacty what happens. You will adjust to that though so make the most of the weight loss you should see right now!. The Byetta will curb your appetite by making you feel fuller for longer but I found that after a few months I did get the urge for the munchies at times - if I go with the urge though, I not only find I can't eat what I thought I could and can feel pretty uncomfortable after - all good in my book! 🙂

Interesting stuff, is this a deliberate thing and how Byetta works? Or is it just a side effect of Byetta which if you are trying to loose weight could be handy? I have found I've been eating less but don't know if it's a mental thing or chemical body response to inssulin???

byetta replaces a hormone that is deficient in type 2's, and that hormone increases insulin secretion, reduces amount of glucose put out by the liver, and delays stomach emptying so that you feel fuller. Glad to hear it's working for you Steff, have you gone up to the 10mcg pen yet?

byetta replaces a hormone that is deficient in type 2's, and that hormone increases insulin secretion, reduces amount of glucose put out by the liver, and delays stomach emptying so that you feel fuller. Glad to hear it's working for you Steff, have you gone up to the 10mcg pen yet?

Not yet Nikki no i have to have 30 days on the 5ngc pen first then go over to the 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back