Full length mirror!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vonny

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I've done without a full length mirror for 10 years since we moved to this house which has no mirrored wardrobes. I've often wondered what I look like in clothes these days (both fat and thin) and finally got around to buying a cheap and cheerful freestanding one. Have to say I was pretty impressed with the sight of me in size 10 clothes again, but later, when I took my clothes off to go into the bath I caught sight of myself. I saw the saggiest, baggiest, sorriest sight in that mirror!!!

But please don't feel sorry for me. Once I'd got over the shock I realised that every sag, every bag, every wrinkle and every sticky-out bone has been earned and is appreciated 😉

Anyone else had a shock when seeing their reflection?

Last edited:
As Art Linkletter (an American talk show host from the '60s) famously said: Getting Old is not for Sissies." I have to have a full-length mirror that gets used or I will gain weight faster than I can write this manifesto! I avoid looking into it naked now or I will start crying. And of course now..there is no such pleasure as eating half a pizza...unless I want to go to the ER for a shot of insulin. Yikes.. : )

But please don't feel sorry for me. Once I'd got over the shock I realised that every sag, every bag, every wrinkle and every sticky-out bone has been earned and is appreciated 😉

Love that @Vonny!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back