Fulfilling Prescriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeyBikey

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Yesterday I tried to buy Viscotears, or equilent, in two pharmacies with no joy. This stock shortage is worrying as two recent prescriptions have taken days longer to fulfill than usual. A friend has been waiting a week for Lanprazole.

Anybody else having issues?

Yesterday I tried to buy Viscotears, or equilent, in two pharmacies with no joy. This stock shortage is worrying as two recent prescriptions have taken days longer to fulfill than usual. A friend has been waiting a week for Lanprazole.

My Liothyronine often needs to be ordered in, but that is because it isn't commonly prescribed, and it isn't the cheapest thing on the tarrif.

My "chosen" pharmacy has recently changed hands; bought out by a staff member. I could previously order in the morning and (subject to them having everything) collect the same evening. The new owner seems to think this is a poor service, so sticks very firmly to his own turnaround times. I popped in on Monday to collect something ordered Friday to be told by the assistant they had the script but it hadn't been made up. If I wanted to wait, they'd do it now.

Moments later the pharmacist (now owner) came around and told me it'd be ready today.

I'm not feeling the love. Aside from all else he needs to align his staff communications.

< Grump off. >

Barely a day goes by without someone posting that something or other has a "shortage". Nearly always a localised issue not experienced in other areas or notified to DUK.

Viscotears seems readily available online, but you may have to order other stuff to make it economical. Chemist4U have it for next day delivery but no doubt with a premium cost.

My Liothyronine often needs to be ordered in, but that is because it isn't commonly prescribed, and it isn't the cheapest thing on the tarrif.

My "chosen" pharmacy has recently changed hands; bought out by a staff member. I could previously order in the morning and (subject to them having everything) collect the same evening. The new owner seems to think this is a poor service, so sticks very firmly to his own turnaround times. I popped in on Monday to collect something ordered Friday to be told by the assistant they had the script but it hadn't been made up. If I wanted to wait, they'd do it now.

Moments later the pharmacist (now owner) came around and told me it'd be ready today.

I'm not feeling the love. Aside from all else he needs to align his staff communications.

< Grump off. >
You are lucky. My Dispensary (At GP's) needs 7 days to supply a prescription.

You are lucky. My Dispensary (At GP's) needs 7 days to supply a prescription.
To be honest, it's more the change in policy (same pharmacist, same staff, but new policy), plus one member of staff saying one thing, then being overridden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back