Frustrated by my arms/hands plus upcoming glaucoma appointment

AJLang

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Where do I start? As if the year hasn't been bad enough already.
Phoned GP surgery last Tuesday because of strange sensation in arms etc. After various questions they booked me in for a full assessment the next morning. Due to results of assessment and a neck MRI three years ago now being referred to spinal orthopaedics with suspected cervical myelopathy that would require neurogical surgery through my neck. Urgent MRI usually required but because I'm claustrophobic having to wait until January for a private upright open MRI. Writing this at the moment because I'm really struggling with my hands and it is making me so frustrated. If surgery is required it won't improve anything but will be to prevent my arms from not working. I'm so glad that Mark was with me at the appointment to hear them say this as it certainly wasn't something I was expecting.
In July I was told by the top glaucoma surgeon at Moorfields at NHS that I need a glaucoma operation which I wasn't prepared for. The next appointment for this is next Tuesday and I'm dreading what they will say but so hoping that they've changed their minds about it.

That sounds rough especially as they’re not offering hope of improvement. I hope the MRI shows something more manageable.

You really are having everything thrown at you @AJLang
Thinking of you.

Back