Friend has pancreas, liver and kidney disease

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee2030

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
My friend is 61 years old, she has now got kidney, pancreas and liver disease and diabetes 3, she has socially drank for years, been a busy woman in her career,last few years shes lost her mum who she cared for in the last years, her boss died whom she was also a close friend to, her brother died, a friend died, she in effect lost all dear to her in a spate of 2 years, and began drinking 24/7 the last few years, so much so she collapsed and rushed to hospital, she never looked or behaved drunk, you would never know she drank, she was told by doctors in hospital they couldnt believe shes still alive. She had treatment putting on drip etc. She came out of hospital, she stopped drinking, though have a can mixer ie mix low alchohol etc now and then. Now, a year later, shes now diabetes 3, damaged pancreas, liver and kidneys are now seeping, her stomach is now distended! Shes put on weight, I think moreso her stomach main reason due to her organs distended. She was told she may have to go on a dialysis machine, today was told more news, her readings too high. But she wouldnt mention something more serious. To manage it all is horrendous. Kerendia a new drug online for kidneys, Empaglifizin significantly reduces the risk of kidney disease progression. Dialive and Carbalive drugs for the liver, and TGF - Beta inhibitors - scottish science, and Pegozafermin also. All online latest new break through drugs, wondering these should be there to help her and others who may not know about them yet.

Last edited:
So very sorry to hear about your friend and the health challenges she now faces.
I am not clearly understanding if your friend is on these drugs you have listed or you feel should be on them? Can you clarify? What is her current diabetes treatment and do you know how high her levels are?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back