Freestyle3 reader or app question

Status
Not open for further replies.

curlygirl

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Does anyone know if the freestyle libre 3 reader is going to be made available in uk?
It is on the german site but not uk one. I am hoping to ask nurse about getting libre 3 but would like the reader.

Also, does anyone who has it know, if out of range of phone or reader does it then fill in the time missed on the graph when near phone. The libre 2 fills in any missing time up to 8 hours when scan in morning, but do not think scanning is possible or needed with libre 3 and would like to know if data holds in sensor for 8 hours in same way? I scan often so only overnight where it could be an issue of being out of range. I know the alarms would not work then but does the data store...

Thanks for any information.

Does anyone know if the freestyle libre 3 reader is going to be made available in uk?
It is on the german site but not uk one. I am hoping to ask nurse about getting libre 3 but would like the reader.

Also, does anyone who has it know, if out of range of phone or reader does it then fill in the time missed on the graph when near phone. The libre 2 fills in any missing time up to 8 hours when scan in morning, but do not think scanning is possible or needed with libre 3 and would like to know if data holds in sensor for 8 hours in same way? I scan often so only overnight where it could be an issue of being out of range. I know the alarms would not work then but does the data store...

Thanks for any information.
Hello @curlygirl.

I don't have the Libre 3. Very few UK diabetics have access currently to this medical device.

Only the NHS will know for sure whether a Libre 3 Reader will be provided.

My understanding from reading stuff posted elsewhere by diabetics in Germany was that Abbott was forced eventually to make and distribute a Libre 3 Reader to a significant number of their German customers who didn't have compatible smartphones, or any mobile phone, but who it was thought would benefit from the Libre 3.

Although Abbott are keen to have everyone use their own smartphones so they don't have to spend money making readers, my guess is they will probably have to do something similar in the UK that they did in Germany. Especially following the current situation with alarms and scanning issues following updates to the Freestyle Librelink 2 app and Google and Apple updating their Android and iPhone smartphone operating systems, which has caused problems for many UK Libre 2 users over the last two months.

Again, based on what I've read from diabetics in Germany, the Libre 3 will "backfill" automatically all data that may not have been communicated between the Libre 3 sensor and the Libre 3 Librelink app (or a Libre 3 Reader) after reconnecting following a loss of Bluetooth signal. Not just 8 hours worth of data.

Logically, the Libre 3 must be able to do that if Abbott want to be able to obtain a medical authorisation from an official medical device regulator so the Libre 3 can be an official component part of an authorised and regulated "automated insulin delivery system" (aka hybrid closed loop, aka artificial pancreas system).

Last edited:
The libre 3 sensor isn’t for sale in the uk on their website so I don’t think they would sell a reader for it there no

I am going to.have the libra 3 ASAP as I have hypo unawareness alas I dud miss the email so.will.now wait till after Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back