Freestyle2 phone app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevegallagher

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
My app stopped working snd after wasting 3 sensors I rang Freestyle. They basically gave up too and told me to use a meter instead which they sent me. The meter works well so I am sure the issue is with the app or my phone. I still cannot use my phone to scan so am using my meter exclusively now. A pain having to carry that around as well as a phone. Any ideas what may have happened?

Hi and welcome.

Sorry to hear you are having problems with the Libre system. I have used the Libre reader from the outset and personally I love it and don't find it an inconvenience to carry, especially as it also acts as a BG meter, which we need to have with us when driving.
That said, I understand that most people do find it convenient just to use their phone for Libre. Which phone are you trying to use and what happens when you try to scan? Will the phone start the sensor or not scan it at all? If so, then I am guessing it is a problem with the NFC which is what is used to scan the sensor whereas the alarms come through Bluetooth. We did have a few members whose Iphones stopped scanning and it turned out that the the NFC receiver was broken. There were in fact some concerns that the NFC had got "fried" after a software update. If it is an iphone and you have ApplePay (which also uses NFC) you can check to see if ApplePay is working. If not, then it is likely the problem is within your phone and you should take it to a shop and ask them to check it.

I should point out that I am a tech dinosaur so I am only regurgitating what I have read on other posts here on the forum and assuming your phone hasn't got accidentally put into airplane mode which may also affect NFC... but by no means sure of that.

Which OS does your phone use @Stevegallagher ?

Some flavours of Android were having problems last year, but up,to date apps seemed to fix those issues.

But @rebrascora ’s idea of checking / confirming your NFC chip is still working is a good one. If your chip has stopped functioning your phone manufacturer may be able to repair or replace?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back