Freestyle sensor issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecoar001

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
Good Evening, I am on my third ever freestyle 2 sensor and yet again it is not working at around day 9, constant retry in 10 minutes messages, it is very frustrating, Abbott have been good with replacements, but I don't like keep pestering them, but if I don't ask them it will not work in the long term as NHS prescriptions only allow 2 sensors per month so the whole thing will go out of kilter. Abbott kind of said this is isolated but what are the chances really. I was doing comparisons with my Accu Check Instant but got a bit of a ticking off from the DSN nurse, she said stick to the Freestyle, is this a common theme folks.

My team have always been happy for me to continue finger pricking whilst having the Libre and that's been over 2 years

Are the serial numbers 3MH00 then either 5,6 or 7? These are the batches being reported a lot at the moment, I personally have had 10 out of 15 Libre 2 sensors fail now, mines start reading low, then the alarm tells me there's signal loss (I have that turned off) I then get numerous scan errors and then they finally tell me my sensor has ended and needs replaced, they always start this around day 8

Don't feel guilty about reporting them, they need to know about issues in order to try and resolve them although I know it's frustrating xx

@Kaylz has had even more problems than that with the Libre 2 after having pretty good success with the original model so clearly not related to how she is applying and using the Libre 2. It has to be a manufacturing problem. It is really important you do "bother" Abbott about this as the NHS are paying for these sensors and if they are not working then it is wasted money and you will no doubt end up using more test strips, so the NHS will be well out of pocket.

There are other members here who have also reported more problems with Libre 2, so you are definitely not alone in this. I am actually quite relieved that I am still getting the original on prescription. I am not in a hurry to change after reading some of the persistent problems people have had.

@Kaylz You beat me to the send button!!

I have had the try again in 10 mins, a couple of times this week, though it has been following my daily walk .It happens when the levels are changing quickly.

I have been using Libre 2 since the start of the year and had no problems with it being read or failing early.
I have read of some people having issues with using LibreLink on new iPhones (those running ios15) and some people have had their readers replaced.
I use a phone running Android 11. I use LibreLink to start my sensors and occasional scans. I mostly use xDrip to read Libre.

My team have always been happy for me to continue finger pricking whilst having the Libre and that's been over 2 years

Are the serial numbers 3MH00 then either 5,6 or 7? These are the batches being reported a lot at the moment, I personally have had 10 out of 15 Libre 2 sensors fail now, mines start reading low, then the alarm tells me there's signal loss (I have that turned off) I then get numerous scan errors and then they finally tell me my sensor has ended and needs replaced, they always start this around day 8

Don't feel guilty about reporting them, they need to know about issues in order to try and resolve them although I know it's frustrating xx
I have had much better success recently with my sensors… however my current one seemed to be running low figures. I either thought I was cured or something was a miss. Finger pokes are actually 3-4 points higher all day which depresses me a little as I’d become pretty confident with my sensor readings. Checked the boxes and my batch are indeed 007, now I love Daniel Craig as much as the next woman but as I currently have no time to die ( did you like that one?) I really wish they could sort this out.

I have had much better success recently with my sensors… however my current one seemed to be running low figures. I either thought I was cured or something was a miss. Finger pokes are actually 3-4 points higher all day which depresses me a little as I’d become pretty confident with my sensor readings. Checked the boxes and my batch are indeed 007, now I love Daniel Craig as much as the next woman but as I currently have no time to die ( did you like that one?) I really wish they could sort this out.
It is a good one however I'm not a Bond fan (don't feel like I should admit that as everyone else seems to be lol) I'll tell Bruce later as he is so it wouldn't be so wasted haha, my last sensor was pretty spot on for it's first week but then like most of mine gave up, currently on day 4 of a 007 and it's been consistently 1mmol lower which is fine but the nearer it gets to Sunday/Monday the more anxious I'm becoming, I was considering asking my team about Dex funding as my 3 fingers available for testing are starting to get really sore but not sure how to approach them about it after all this time without contact with them and my new phone isn't compatible with the G6 either xx

Lol. I was dragged along to the bond movie at the weekend and although I appreciate Daniel in all his glory I also hate bond movies. I have to say tho this one was mildly entertaining. I’m more into the creepy horrors. So sorry your still having problem with your sensors and fingers crossed for this one! It would be so amazing if you could get the dexcom so good luck with that. I think you deserve a break kaylz. Xx

Lol. I was dragged along to the bond movie at the weekend and although I appreciate Daniel in all his glory I also hate bond movies. I have to say tho this one was mildly entertaining. I’m more into the creepy horrors. So sorry your still having problem with your sensors and fingers crossed for this one! It would be so amazing if you could get the dexcom so good luck with that. I think you deserve a break kaylz. Xx
Bruce had all of them as a special set in a locked case, he was told I would never sit and watch one with him haha, he gave them to his nephew a few years ago, I like horrors too however Bruce doesn't (he's a wimp) we want to watch The Crazies years ago, it wasn't scary in the slightest to me but he grabbed my hand numerous times! (I hope he doesn't ever scour the forum! lol) And thanks 🙂 xx

The more I read the more I think that either some people are very unlucky or some have a physiology that suits the sensors better. I've been using the Libre 1 since it first came out, sporadically until I got it funded and continuously for around 2 years now. I've only ever had one drop off and one wouldn't start. Some of the earlier Libre 1s did read low. I'm now on my 5th Libre 2 and have had only one that read low (a couple of mml). The current one is always within 1mmol of BG tests, quite often under .5mmol different. I guess I am just lucky.

PS Hubby is a great James Bond fan. I can take him or leave him. I once bought hubby the complete set of films (at that time) on VHS. Can't play them now as we don't have a VHS player. Another time the complete set of books. Rather partial to horror films myself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back