freestyle lite testing strips - new??

Status
Not open for further replies.

shiv

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
hi everyone

after watching that Fake Britain programme, i was very suspicious when i got my latest prescription, and found my freestyle lite testing strips:

a) are now in a yellow pot, with a coding number on them (as opposed to blue and no coding number)
b) slightly different shaped, with a butterfly printed on them (which is freestyle's logo thing)

i'm about to go and ring abbott, but wondered if anyone in the mean time knew anything about this? i compared the pots (new vs old) for ages. they don't seem to be throwing any weird results, but it's made me suspicious!

hi everyone

after watching that Fake Britain programme, i was very suspicious when i got my latest prescription, and found my freestyle lite testing strips:

a) are now in a yellow pot, with a coding number on them (as opposed to blue and no coding number)
b) slightly different shaped, with a butterfly printed on them (which is freestyle's logo thing)

i'm about to go and ring abbott, but wondered if anyone in the mean time knew anything about this? i compared the pots (new vs old) for ages. they don't seem to be throwing any weird results, but it's made me suspicious!

SHIV HUN I GOT THE SAME THEY ARE OK IT IS A NEW DESIGN DONT PANIC I HAVE RANG ALREADY I DIDEXACTLY THE SAME LAST TUESDAY WHEN I GOT MINE HUN I WAS VERY SUSPICIOUS.

sorry i just realised i been shouting , other half said it would of been an idea to have popped a leaflet in with them or something though just to let us know.

p.s just to say when i rang the lady said the idea behind it was to put the butterfly logo on to help those who where finding it difficult work out what way the strip went in she said now the 2 sides of the strip have a module where you can test either side of the finger, im sure the old strips had the same function but hay ho i like butterflies so im happy lol.:D

If enough people contact the company, they might consider putting a leaflet in. I suspect the new design has confused many people.

If enough people contact the company, they might consider putting a leaflet in. I suspect the new design has confused many people.

Yeah it sure did me infact i had the phone ready in my hand to ring up the pharmacy and tell them they had my script wrong, but i did a test and checked the meter accepted the strip to start with and when that was ok i then rang abbotts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back