Freestyle light strips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackyr

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi , is anybody having difficulty getting the freestyle lite test strips for the omnipod ? My pharmacy have just rang to say there is a problem with them .

Subject often comes up, not just with your type of strips. Try another pharmacy, good chance they wont have issues getting them for you.

I have tried several pharmacies including Boots but they haven’t any either

I use Freestyle Lite strips but just on their own, not with an Omnipod. I got some from Boots 2 or 3 weeks ago as normal. Luckily I have two different meters with different strips, but still it’s a worry about the Freestyle Lite ones. Can you use an alternative or does the Omnipod need those particular ones? My insulin pump can be used with any meter so apologies that I’m asking that question.

I use Freestyle Lite strips but just on their own, not with an Omnipod. I got some from Boots 2 or 3 weeks ago as normal. Luckily I have two different meters with different strips, but still it’s a worry about the Freestyle Lite ones. Can you use an alternative or does the Omnipod need those particular ones? My insulin pump can be used with any meter so apologies that I’m asking that question.
Hi , no apology needed, unfortunately those are the only strips for the omnipod that can be used .

Hi , no apology needed, unfortunately those are the only strips for the omnipod that can be used .

Oh dear - how worrying :confused: The only thing I can think of is to phone around to smaller pharmacies in the hope they have some old stock and can put them back for you. I hope you get it sorted.

Have you contacted Abbott to see if there is problem with supply of these strips?

Oh dear - how worrying :confused: The only thing I can think of is to phone around to smaller pharmacies in the hope they have some old stock and can put them back for you. I hope you get it sorted.
Thank you .

Hi , yes I have rung them today , the person said that Abbott don’t manufacture the strips anymore . He was very helpful and gave me a telephone number to try but unfortunately it just rang out and then I was cut off .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back