FreeStyle LibreLink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anjery

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi, i've been given the FreeStyle LibraLink from my drs surgery. Am only on day 3 but very impressed with how much easier it is to take readings, my fingertips are so grateful. Just took another reading showing 5.7 and was suprised as having a really bad day and hadnt eaten. I thought i'd do finger prick and it was 13.9
Which one do i believe???
I'm leaning more to 13.9 as no food or meds, yet these arm thingies are meant to be more accurate.
Anyone else have issues like this?

Finger pricks are usually more accessible than Libre.
Abbott recommend to check Libre readings with a finger prick if they are unexpected or do not match how you feel.
My DSN advised to check high and lows (unless obviously feeling hypo) before treating as Libre is most accurate at “normal” levels.
I also do a confidence check when my bg is stable at “normal” levels. For me this is when I wake or just before going to bed.

So, in your situation, I would be more likely to trusted finger prick but, given how different the values are, I may also factor in how I feel. My body knows when I am high (over 10). If I did not feel like 13.9, I would wash my hands and reprick just as I did before I was introduced to Libre.
If a re prick confirms the higher number, I would contact Abbott for a replacement. Bear in mind they usually require 2 or 3 comparison readings.

Hi, i've been given the FreeStyle LibraLink from my drs surgery. Am only on day 3 but very impressed with how much easier it is to take readings, my fingertips are so grateful. Just took another reading showing 5.7 and was suprised as having a really bad day and hadnt eaten. I thought i'd do finger prick and it was 13.9
Which one do i believe???
I'm leaning more to 13.9 as no food or meds, yet these arm thingies are meant to be more accurate.
Anyone else have issues like this?
I’d re wash my hands, dry thoroughly and fingerprick again.

Many thanks for your replies. I did rewash my hands and tested again, still different. I don't always know if i've gone high but i do know if i'm low. Thats why i was suprised to get a warning on my phone that i was going low 4.2 yet i felt fine. Finger test was 12.2

I phoned Abbots and explained whats happening and they are sending me a new one and i'm to return the old one so they can check it.

I went to remove It and it was stuck tight. I think maybe put it more to the side of my arm as maybe skin too loose (alright i'll say saggy - old age sucks) .

I appreciate your replies, thanks again

Baby oil will help loosen the adhesive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back