Freestyle libre2....getting ridiculous!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newfy

Relationship to Diabetes
Other Type
Hi all. Been using freestyle libre 2 sensors for a few months now. Am secondary type2 insulin pen diabetic. I have to self fund them as I don't qualify on the NHS. (I don't understand it either!). £50 a fortnight.....when they work or don't come off/fail !!!! Latest one only works when holding phone over it. Keeps saying "signal loss" "alarms not available " . Getting really fed up with Flibre2. Can't keep throwing ££s away! Anyone have experience of Dexcom G6 or G7 or wotever model is out now?? Better than libre2??! Any other CGMs I should consider?? Don't want to go back to constant finger pricking! Just need a reliable, and hopefully affordable cgm! Am missing alarms before I get close to a hypo....or even a hyper. Grateful for any answers & advice.

Hi there @Newfy. 🙂 A lot of people are having problems with the alarms, me included, because of Libre 2 app updates. I got Abbott to send me a Libre 2 reader in the end, and now I’ve got my alarms back.

Someone recently posted a list of previous app versions - you might be able to find the version that allows alarms to work with your phone. Can’t remember which thread, sorry...

You say: Latest one only works when holding phone over it. Just out of interest, how were you scanning the sensors before? I’ve always held my phone or reader over the sensor. Or were you using something like x-drip?

Dexcom 1 is a new kid on the CGM block. No flashing required and its price is similar to the Libre.

Good luck! 🙂

@Newfy do you contact Abbott when you have a sensor failure?
They are pretty good at replacing them - you should not be throwing away ££.

Any other CGMs I should consider??
The three others that GPs can prescribe are the Dexcom One, GlucoRx AiDEX, GlucoMen Day CGM. They're about the same in cost, but have different compatibility requirements for phones, to check that. Various forum members have tried them (I think some people have tried all three out of the four, the exception being the Dexcom One which is a bit more recent).

The G6 is quite a bit more expensive, I think, but has a good reputation. As I understand it the G7 is probably going to replace it and is a bit cheaper.

And smaller and no longer resembles a lil coffin. Seriously, who from dexcom thought making it coffin shaped was a good idea?

Hopefully Abbott will replace the sensors that haven’t performed as expected.

And that the app gets an update to resolve these difficulties for people.

Reactions: Tdm
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back