Freestyle libre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wifeypage

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Finally given a yes that I’m able to get one. Come on november

Talking with family and work. I work in a nursery so not recommended to keep phone on me at all times. Although work ok it to keep it in a pack. Hubby suggested an Apple Watch to receive notifications. But would a Apple Watch still show a notification if my phone is in the staff room? Telling me an alert???

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

But would a Apple Watch still show a notification if my phone is in the staff room? Telling me an alert???
I don't think so. I think you'll really need the phone at least nearby (within normal Bluetooth range, so ~10m, and less with walls in the way).

Sorry, no. Librelink doesn't link to Apple watch. I get readings to mine by using a 3rd party app called xDrip4io5. Not in the App Store - check it out on Facebook. Or you can try Shuggah which is an older version of xDrip4io5 that is in the App Store. However in my experience the watch and phone need to be pretty close.

In your situation I'd use the Libre 2 reader.

Would they allow you to keep the FreeStyle Libre reader in your pocket?

The device you activate a sensor with (reader or phone) will get the alerts. If you activate with the reader, you can also use a phone to scan.

I usually start sensors with the reader and scan with both the reader (every 8 hours) and the phone (much more regularly). They don't talk to each other, but I like the way the data is presented better in the app. The alerts on the reader work better for me and the scanner on the reader is much stronger than my phone (even though I've got a good phone) - my phone needs to be in the perfect position to scan, while the reader just needs to be in the area.

When we're out for a walk in the rain, I pop the reader into a small zippered plastic bag to protect it. I imagine that would work for messy and drooly kids, too, depending on the ages you're working with. 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back