Freestyle Libre Reader

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfman

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi
Has anyone been able to get one of these on the NHS? Or a Freestyle Libre starter pack, it does not seem possible in North London
thanks

Hi @Wolfman - Diabetes UK have collaborated with JDRF and INPUT to create a map of the areas across the UK where Flash is being made available on the NHS:
https://www.diabetes.org.uk/get_involved/campaigning/flash-glucose-monitoring
The technology is now available on the NHS tariff, but the policies and criteria for getting the technology varies from area to area.

Hopefully, there may be someone here who has received their libre through the NHS and can share their experience with you?

Hi
Has anyone been able to get one of these on the NHS? Or a Freestyle Libre starter pack, it does not seem possible in North London
thanks
Hi Wolfman
I am one of the fortunate few who have been prescribed the sensors.
I matched the criteria that our local CCG set up, I gathered evidence of this (although my consultant had already decided that I matched), asked my consultant. There was a pause whilst the cogs in the CCG turned and then I got the letter just before Christmas.
I am aware of others that are being offered the trial around here, and this can help them to gather evidence that ‘they are able to make effective use of the data from the Libre’, one of the criteria set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back