Freestyle Libre Arrows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy2202

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi guys.

I’ve now been given the Libre 2 on prescription, which is great, albeit I’ve still got Libre senser 1 on my arm currently.

My question is: When, for example, a reading is say 7.5 with a straight downwards arrow, HOW downwards is that arrow? 🙂
I’m aware it means ‘dropping quickly’ but how quick does one need to be to nip it in the bud.

This evening for example I maybe injected a unit to much for my tea, and I had a downwards arrow after an hour of eating. It was 6.5. So I had a couple bits of a chocolate flapjack then half a slice of bread just to be safe. All good now, sitting on 5.8 with a horizontal arrow.

I’m just intrigued to know how quick that down arrow means your plummeting because I have major health anxiety and it’s freaks me out

My question is: When, for example, a reading is say 7.5 with a straight downwards arrow, HOW downwards is that arrow? 🙂
I’m aware it means ‘dropping quickly’ but how quick does one need to be to nip it in the bud.
If it's vertically down then it means it's falling at least 0.1 mmol/L per minute. (Page 28 of the manual.)

Ahh nice one. I will watch and have a look on my app. Cheers

I tend not to do anything about a vertical downward arrow until I get to mid 5s. For me with my digestive system, that still gives me time to turn it around before it hits the red. I often see this situation on a morning as I don't eat breakfast until Libre shows my bolus insulin is kicking in. Most mornings I am scanning regularly and waiting for it to come down to mid 5s before I eat and occasionally that will be with a vertical downward arrow. In that situation my low carb breakfast of creamy natural yoghurt with berries and seeds still manages to turn it around before I hit the red. If I get below 5 with a vertical downward arrow I have 1 jelly baby to slow the drop and then eat my breakfast straight after it. One piece of chocolate flapjack would probably put me up into double figures in no time so 2 pieces and a slice of bread and I would be looking at mid teens to 20 and needing large insulin corrections to bring me down again. But that is just me. I have to be very disciplined with carbs because they send me into orbit very easily. You need to find what works for you. If you got away with 2 pieces of chocolate flapjack and a slice of bread without spiking massively afterwards, then lucky you! Yum!:D
As with anything diabetes related, it is how your individual body responds which is important.

Always take it bg is falling fast so take action, depending on previous bolus & time since given it will determine how much to eat.

I ignore the arrows. I look at the graph as it shows the overall trend.
I feel the arrows do not take too many previous points into consideration so when I have a wobbly line (which is most of the time), the arrows may point down when the trend is straight or even up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back