Freestyle Libre app upgrade just announced

joeh

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I am concerned that Shuggah may not be able to link to my IWatch after upgrading.
Before I upgrade my app, does anyone have experience in this

@joeh really sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. Perhaps you could try contacting Abbott and they may be able to support you with this.

Have Shuggah got any compatibility release notes? When was their last update?

Lots of the big tech companies (Abbott / Libre, Medtronic etc) are scrabbling to catch up with iOS18 and its lockable-apps update, so I guess the other 3rd party apps will have to update in their turn.

Are you talking about the libreview update? Thats only for computers not phones

Specifically, it's about the driver you need for uploading from the Readers.
Yeah I was trying to keep it simple as the OP didn’t seem to understand and they thought it would impact their watch

Are you talking about the libreview update? Thats only for computers not phones
Seen that ne in my email regarding the Abbott readers down loading to link? Mainly for HCPs.

Specifically, it's about the driver you need for uploading from the Readers.
The email was about the “driver.” I just happened to be on the email notification list. I don’t use the reader. Though @rebrascora might need a heads up? 😉 who I believe uses the reader.

Seen that ne in my email regarding the Abbott readers down loading to link? Mainly for HCPs.

The email was about the “driver.” I just happened to be on the email notification list. I don’t use the reader. Though @rebrascora might need a heads up? 😉 who I believe uses the reader.
I use the reader, but my email said I didn’t have to upgrade, and it would still work on the old device driver. I hope so, my 12yr old laptop is on its last legs, and can’t always cope with new fangled things!!

I use the reader, but my email said I didn’t have to upgrade, and it would still work on the old device driver. I hope so, my 12yr old laptop is on its last legs, and can’t always cope with new fangled things!!
Thank you @Robin . Just done a double check. 12 years is fantastic going for your laptop. It’s clearly an Abbott back cover.

You_Doodle_2024-10-11T20_14_10Z.jpeg

This was a very confusing email (I got it too) - I've never had a reader but it made me look twice (and some!) - not very helpful at all

This was a very confusing email (I got it too) - I've never had a reader but it made me look twice (and some!) - not very helpful at all
Glad it’s not just me. As much as I’ve no issue with the Abbott products. They seem screwed up with what they relay to the customers. They’ve been doing it for years.

I also got the email, however, I don't use a reader, but I am aware that my libre is linked to a libreview reader that my NHS diabetic nurse uses, so that they are aware of the readings when calling patients. So I guess they should be the ones updating readers.

I also got the email, however, I don't use a reader, but I am aware that my libre is linked to a libreview reader that my NHS diabetic nurse uses, so that they are aware of the readings when calling patients. So I guess they should be the ones updating readers.
They don’t use a reader to see your readings

Back