Freestyle Libre 2 ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobbingbuoy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 3c
Pronouns
He/Him
Evening all, fifth day with my Libre 2 and after all the excitement and anticipation to get it…..what a let down ! I’m finding it absolute garbage to be honest. It’s between 4-10 mmol out compared to my usual finger prick machine ( yes I understand it’s interstitial ), it loses signal numerous times a day, the scanning of the Novopen 6 works probably 1 in 15 attempts and the mrs’ phone is going off with warnings ( connected on Libre link ) every 20-30 minutes , despite mine not going off ? Both on exact same settings ? When I was prescribed it 5 days ago the nurse said that we will soon have the Libre 2 second gen model, hope it’s better than this pile of junk ! I’ve contacted the company to ask for a new one, see how that goes ?

I’ve contacted the company to ask for a new one, see how that goes ?
As I'm sure you've read it seems not to work well for some people. And for some of those, Dexcoms work better.

But it's also the case that you can get a sensor that's just not good and the replacement will work fine. (I also wonder if the insertion can sometimes fail a bit. Maybe the probe doesn't go quite far enough in, or gets squashed or something causing it not to work?)

As I'm sure you've read it seems not to work well for some people. And for some of those, Dexcoms work better.

But it's also the case that you can get a sensor that's just not good and the replacement will work fine. (I also wonder if the insertion can sometimes fail a bit. Maybe the probe doesn't go quite far enough in, or gets squashed or something causing it not to work?)
Hi Bruce, thanks for the reply. It’s funny you should say about the insertion, there was lots of blood when she put it on ! I wouldn’t have thought that would affect the scanning of the Novopen though ? We will see what the new one they send me is like ?

I found certain places on my arm worked worse than others, and also some sensors were just way out. Try a new sensor. If the phone issue is also getting to you, you could ask for a Libre receiver.

I wouldn’t have thought that would affect the scanning of the Novopen though ?
No, I think that's something quite different. Presumably to do with your phone (maybe you're not holding the pen at quite the right spot on the phone, or not for long enough?).

Don't await the Libre 2 Plus sensors, when they become available in the UK, with eager anticipation.
It is almost identical to the Libre 2; see How is FreeStyle Libre 2 Plus sensor different from FreeStyle Libre 2 sensor. Summarised:
  • Libre 2 Plus lasts 15 days instead of Libre 2's 14 days
  • Libre 2 Plus has "better accuracy" than the Libre 2
Most people are fairly pleased with the operation of the Libre 2.
"4-10 mmol out" seems quite exceptional; mine is about 2 mmol lower than BGM/finger prick, on average.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back