Freestyle Libre 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alectron

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
After using the excellent Freestyle Libre system for many years and more recently a change to Libre2.

I get endless misreadings code 335, usually at the worst possible time and I've also noticed a big increase in failed sensors.
Over 700 in 2 weeks misreadings for just one sensor is crazy and can't go on!

After talking to a very helpful Freestyle contact by phone. I was told the latest app update a few months ago has caused many problems of this nature and, they are dealing with it, but how long is this going to take?

Perhaps a change to another system is now overdue?

I use a reader for my Libre instead of my phone and I have no problems at all so I do think that the majority of problems people experience with Libre 2 are software problems following updates. I appreciate that a reader is one more thing to carry around but it is so much quicker and easier to scan the sensor with the reader than it is with a phone and the reader is really small and compact and user friendly. I would get back on to Abbott and ask for a Libre 2 reader if your phone is not working with the sensors.
I should add that I was really apprehensive about changing over onto Libre 2 due to all the issues other people have reported here an the forum, but I am onto my second Libre 2 sensor and so far it is working brilliantly. I think I have had one "scan again in 10 mins" when my levels had been rising sharply but then my insulin kicked in, so they were changing rapidly, which is fair enough. Alarms are working brilliantly and my TIR has improved to 98% over the last 7 days. So I would highly recommend using a reader.

It does seem that those using Android phones are suffering the most. I’ve thankfully been ok on iOS up to now, so the issue does seem to be with the Android version of the Librelink app rather than the sensors themselves. But this is of course no consolation if you’re continually getting issues with alarms or scanning.

Hopefully Abbott will get a move on and fix the issues quickly, there must be lots of people with issues now given how much they have pushed the sensors and since they were made available on the NHS for all T1s.

I have seen some people install a previous version of the Librelink app on Android, so that may be a temporary solution for you?

In the meantime I have heard of people getting a free reader from Abbott as an interim solution so it would be worth asking. The more people tell them of issues and ask for readers, the more pressure they will be under to fix the app problems.

I moved over to dexcom g6 and its great. It doesn't bug out on you like libre, doesn't wake you up with constant false lows, doesn't overreat like libre. I trust it so much more than my libre!

Sorry to hear you have been having a tough time with Libre2 @Alectron :(

Sounds really frustrating for you.

If the Reader doesn’t appeal to you (the extra line returns in your post are possibly an Android keyboard bug?) perhaps you could investigate the possibility of Dexcom One - a realtime CGM which is available on the same prescription model as Libre2 as it is cost equivalent. Dex One is a trimmed down version of Dexcom G6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back