Freestyle Libre 2 replacement reader

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Please delete if already posted.

This link allows you to request a free replacement reader if you move over to Libre 2 sensors:

Something I will be doing as I don't use my phone to scan 🙂

It has already been posted, but it'll be easier to find here. (Really Abbott should make it much easier to find on their website. I only saw the link on twitter.)

Please delete if already posted.

This link allows you to request a free replacement reader if you move over to Libre 2 sensors:

Something I will be doing as I don't use my phone to scan 🙂
I received mine with in couple of days, despite us having mega post problems at the time.
I will be applying my first sensor tomorrow.

Phoned Abbott & libre 2 reader arrived few days later, pity can't be said for sensors as last prescription had libre 1 sensors,

Phoned Abbott & libre 2 reader arrived few days later, pity can't be said for sensors as last prescription had libre 1 sensors,
GP won't change it unless they get told to do so, presumably by whoever told them to prescribe it initially.

GP won't change it unless they get told to do so, presumably by whoever told them to prescribe it initially.

Spoke with gp, they said wasn't on system so would check with surgery pharmacist to add item, looks like trust hasn't approved them yet as only received 1 from pharmacy.

I belive Patha Kar has said it may take a while to filter down.

We’ve been told not to contact our clinic about it because they’re working in difficult circumstances at the moment, but to wait til our next clinic appointment. Mine's not til May.

Well I had a clinic appt on Jan 7th - for new pump - and DSN said they hadn't heard anything more about it yet. I have a regular but this time phone, consultant appt the 20-something of Feb, so I'll be asking then if i haven't heard any more in between. However - that's also about when my 6 month trial of Libre 1 finishes so, we'll see, won't we?

I was interested to note that when my GP added Libres to my repeat prescriptions, they authorised 12 repeats so don't think the hospital told them about the 6 months bit !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back