Freestyle Libre 2 reader

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToniMc

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
I am a teacher. I often work in prisons and cannot take my phone on site. I have tried countless times to get a reader from Abbott but have found it impossible. They say they will 'escalate' my query but they phone me back during the day when I cannot access my phone. I never have a missed call from them but they always leave a voicemail - weird? They will not speak to me via e mail. I am so frustrated. Any advice?

Sorry to hear about the frustrations you are having getting a reader.

They were in short supply for a while - are you able to order one on their website?

I am a teacher. I often work in prisons and cannot take my phone on site. I have tried countless times to get a reader from Abbott but have found it impossible. They say they will 'escalate' my query but they phone me back during the day when I cannot access my phone. I never have a missed call from them but they always leave a voicemail - weird? They will not speak to me via e mail. I am so frustrated. Any advice?
Call them on a Saturday or whichever day you aren’t working?

I don't think they've been offering them for sale for a couple of years.

Gosh is that still the case?! Those shortages seemed such a long time ago!

Hello, this is just a long shot. Do you own a smart watch like a non “LTE” Galaxy? Appreciated the site you work does not permit telecommunication devices. On my research recently getting BG readings from Libre off my phone to a suitable watch. I stumbled across this? It could be possible with a wearable app to get sensor readings to a watch? I’m not certain how solid the tether would be. But if you happen to already have some tech, it could be possible.

Have you tried going back to your GP and asking them to prescribe a Reader? Mine arrived in the post because my original prescription had included a Reader.

I am having so many issues I have renamed them "Abbott and Costello"! 🙂 Moi, I have a Costello version! :rofl:

I ordered one for a trial on the website last week, it arrived a few days later - just put it in for the first time.

I ordered one for a trial on the website last week, it arrived a few days later - just put it in for the first time.
I think you are referring to the sensor which is put in your arm not the reader which is used to read it instead of a phone app??

Oh, think I misunderstood. Yes, I meant the sensor.

Thanks for your replies.

I have contacted them on the phone several times as the sensors do not last 15 days. They stop scanning or fall off. I've tried the special plasters too. They have replaced my free trial sensor 4 times now and sent me return envelopes to send the faulty one back.

The trouble is they are in Morroco and although they all speak English, it isn't great communication. The reader seems to only be available via prescription. As I am type 2, I am paying for my sensors as they are not available on prescription.

The trouble is they are in Morroco and although they all speak English, it isn't great communication.
Fill the online form in instead of calling then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back