Freestyle Libre 2 in Scotland

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoogieBoogie

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
Anyone had any issues getting a freestyle 2 libre in Scotland? I'm classed as LADA although GP systems have me down as Type 1 (as no option for 1.5)

I've been using the free trial sensor for last two weeks and think it's life changing. Have got so much insight into my spikes and would love to keep going with it. I past I've been denied as not on short acting insulin

Anyone had any issues getting a freestyle 2 libre in Scotland? I'm classed as LADA although GP systems have me down as Type 1 (as no option for 1.5)

I've been using the free trial sensor for last two weeks and think it's life changing. Have got so much insight into my spikes and would love to keep going with it. I past I've been denied as not on short acting insulin
Hello @WoogieBoogie ,

I haven't seen many people with Scotland with Libre issues. Have you tried contacting them?

I think the general rule in Scotland is (or was) that you were prescribed a Libre if you were on multiple daily injections i.e. a basal and bolus regime. I started on basal only but when, after a few months, mealtime bolus injections were prescribed I was prescribed a Libre. One condition was that I test several times a day and upload my readings to LibreView so my diabetes team can see them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back