Freestyle Libre 2 faulty sensors

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToniMc

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
I started using the Freestyle Libre 2 sensor 8 weeks ago. I have had a problem with every single sensor. I have had to call Abbott, get a replacement and return the faulty one every single time. I had 4 free ones because of this. I'm now paying just under £50 per sensor as I cannot currently get them on prescription. One fell off. 2 stopped scan altogether. The last one said it had stopped working (it had 4 days to go) and told me to apply a new one.

Abbott never seem surprised that there is a problem which is worrying. They are absolutely amazing when they work but they are so unreliable. If you are getting them on prescription I guess it's not an issue but £100 per month or thereabouts is a lot to pay out when they regularly stop working.

Has anybody else experienced these issues?

If you are getting them on prescription I guess it's not an issue
Sorry you are experiencing so many issues. Some people seem to be more unfortunate than other.
This is an issue regardless whether they are on prescription or not. We still have to report the problem to Abbott and deal with the consequence of not having a sensor until we can get home if we have spare.

I started using the Freestyle Libre 2 sensor 8 weeks ago. I have had a problem with every single sensor. I have had to call Abbott, get a replacement and return the faulty one every single time. I had 4 free ones because of this. I'm now paying just under £50 per sensor as I cannot currently get them on prescription. One fell off. 2 stopped scan altogether. The last one said it had stopped working (it had 4 days to go) and told me to apply a new one.

Abbott never seem surprised that there is a problem which is worrying. They are absolutely amazing when they work but they are so unreliable. If you are getting them on prescription I guess it's not an issue but £100 per month or thereabouts is a lot to pay out when they regularly stop working.

Has anybody else experienced these issues?
Recently I have had nothing but issues with the Freestlye Libre 2. Been on them for 2 years pretty much now but over the last 6 months the quality has been terrible.

I have had a problem with every single sensor. I have had to call Abbott, get a replacement and return the faulty one every single time.
You can use the online form if you don’t like calling them

I will try the on line form. Phoning them is not great as when I call (between 6-8pm usually) it gets picked up in Morocco and it always sounds like they're at a rave! Then there is the language issue to overcome.

I will try the on line form. Phoning them is not great as when I call (between 6-8pm usually) it gets picked up in Morocco and it always sounds like they're at a rave! Then there is the language issue to overcome.
Not sure why you persist with phoning if it’s so inconvenient and difficult when there’s a simple alternative then. Fill in the form and they post a new one out, making it cheaper than if they all worked first time anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back