FREESTYLE LIBRA 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

caroliw

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hello, I am a type 1 diabetic diagnosed in 1962.

I had a Freestyle Libra 2 sensor fitted yesterday and set up the app on my Moto G30 phone with the help of the nurse. However the app is now bleeping me to tell me that it is not receiving the alarms.

I am attaching a screenshot of what shows when I open the app. Unfortunately although I have gone into both the phone app and librelink in settings I still can't work out what to do. Spoke to Librelink Customer Support yesterday but not much help I am afraid.

Can any whizz kid help me. Have attached screenshot of what is shown in the Librelink app.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211021-151247.png
    Screenshot_20211021-151247.png
    43.6 KB · Views: 17
Oh I had the same problem. I think I solved it in the end by going into the actual app and then into "signal loss alarm" and into "manage permissions" and ticking something there. If you do tick on any of the actual alarms then click again it takes you into "permissions" and you possibly have something in there that's causing the problem

Hi, this is your phones notification settings that are stopping the alarms and notifications from the libra app. What phone are you using?

have a little read of this

It will just be that the libre app is not allowed to show. hopefully that will help you

All else fails disable app then reinstall it, seen it work wonders with some phone apps.

It's a Moto G30. When I go into settings/phone/notifications there is no mention of alarms.
The error message suggests a number of settings which maybe disabled (none of them are "alarms").
Have you checked if any of these phone settings are disabled (if so, enable them)
- Channel notifications
- Lock screen notifications
- Notification sounds
- Sound and pop-up notifications

These maybe disabled for the LibreLink app but you will need to go to the phone settings to check. The manual which @Antfa has posted should provided instructions to check these.

Hope you can manage to unpick this technical tangle @caroliw and that you find the Libre2 helpful.

Did you use Libre1 or is this your first experience?

Hi is your phone on silent? I had this problem but sorted when phone on loud? Hope this helps

I went into "settings" on the LibreLink app yesterday as I know that was how I solved the problem before (I have a Moto G6 play). I have no idea what I did but somehow I suddenly had a warning that alarms were disabled. Today I went through the online manual and looked at all the notification settings on my phone. All appeared OK. I then reopened the LibreLink app and it was being caused by one of the settings in "Signal loss alarm" which was the last thing I inspected. It's now all working again. I suggest @caroliw that you go through "Manage permissions" on each of the 3 alarms in Librelink and ensure everything is switched to "On".

Fortunately - although I may have missed some signal loss alarms in the last two days I haven't missed any high or low alarms as I've been 100% in target - and that's a fluke!

Hope you can manage to unpick this technical tangle @caroliw and that you find the Libre2 helpful.

Did you use Libre1 or is this your first experience?
This is my first experience with anything other than my glucometer and myself. Unforunately I managed to pull the sensor off when taking my sweater off. The hospital didn't give me a spare sensor then so until I can get a new sensor I can't see whether the action I have taken as suggested has worked.

This is my first experience with anything other than my glucometer and myself. Unforunately I managed to pull the sensor off when taking my sweater off. The hospital didn't give me a spare sensor then so until I can get a new sensor I can't see whether the action I have taken as suggested has worked.
Hey, Got the libre on Friday (my finger tips appreciate it!) I was told by my team that if the sensor came off to call Abbott and they’ll send another one out to you at no cost. I only have the app, no alarms sound at all which is annoying. All settings are on in the app and phone settings, typical. I’ll be asking for a reader next week. Technology is wonderfully annoying aha 🙂

It will probably be a good idea to invest in some adhesive dressings like Tegaderm or a strap or arm band to give your Libre additional security if you have lost one so soon. I now have an arm strap that I bought off ebay after catching a few either in clothing (sports bra straps are particularly hazardous to them), in the shower or reaching into a feed bin in the feed room at the stables. It was a great investment as I haven't had any problems since using the arm strap.

You should definitely contact Abbott customer services and report the loss as they may replace it.
Hope you get your phone app sorted once you get your next sensor.

Hey, Got the libre on Friday (my finger tips appreciate it!) I was told by my team that if the sensor came off to call Abbott and they’ll send another one out to you at no cost. I only have the app, no alarms sound at all which is annoying. All settings are on in the app and phone settings, typical. I’ll be asking for a reader next week. Technology is wonderfully annoying aha 🙂

Remember you can only get alarms on device which started sensor, so if phone is more handy fix issue.

Hi Caroliw, I use Kinesiology tape to secure mine (isport) not to expensive. I cut into strips and round off the ends 🙂

I used to use Vetrap ... because it is important to me to have something that is reusable and not something else to add to the landfill (Libre applicators are bad enough).
I now realise that I don't need anything provided I place my sensor appropriately (basically, on a flat part of my arm because they don't bend). I have become used to the sensor being on my arm so haven't caught it when dressing or undressing for a few years.

I still have the Vet rap and used it recently to strap my ankle after a running injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back