Freestyle 2 ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecoar001

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
Hello Everyone, My DSN team gave me a Freestyle Libre 2,managed to set everything up today Wednesday (PM),the lady on You Tube, She`s Diabetic said she did finger pricks at first so I did the same, my first 2 readings where a bit out of kilter, a little later I could feel a Hypo, the Libre read 5.7, but my Accu Check instant read 3.7., does the Freestyle Libre 2 take time to bed in, I am a bit confused, plus does anyone find it a bit uncomfortable to wear (like a slight sharp pulling sensation).

Hello Everyone, My DSN team gave me a Freestyle Libre 2,managed to set everything up today Wednesday (PM),the lady on You Tube, She`s Diabetic said she did finger pricks at first so I did the same, my first 2 readings where a bit out of kilter, a little later I could feel a Hypo, the Libre read 5.7, but my Accu Check instant read 3.7., does the Freestyle Libre 2 take time to bed in, I am a bit confused, plus does anyone find it a bit uncomfortable to wear (like a slight sharp pulling sensation).
Hi. It can take 1 to 2 days to settle. Occasionally they are faulty and Abbot will replace. I find mine are pretty close to my glucose meter. You shouldn't feel anything from the inert plastic injectable (the inserter needle places it then retracts). You may find the skin pulling from the adhesive attached to the sensor. It normally stops after a day or so and is nothing serious

plus does anyone find it a bit uncomfortable to wear (like a slight sharp pulling sensation).
I can sometimes feel the filament under my skin for the first 24-48 hours or so, not all the time, but sometimes it just seems to catch something that lets me know of its presence. After the first couple of days, I’m rarely aware of it at all.

Not felt pulling sensation, dont bother bedding in sensor now, did once over but find sensor accurate enough from start.

I always put my sensor on a couple of days before activating it and found Libre 2 needs longer bed in than the first edition.
It is rare for me to feel the sensor although I sometimes find the glue pulls my skin depending where I place it. I usually forget it is there, especially as I don't need to scan it due to my non-standard set up - I just glance at my phone.

I've had the odd one that pinched for a day or two. Can't decide if the filament hit a nerve or a fine hair on my arm got caught in the wrong position in the adhesive and pulled a bit when I flexed my arm.
I have started applying a new sensor 12 hours or so before I start it to allow it to bed in although I usually get pretty good results straight off without bed in time on the original Libre. Thankfully, I haven't been swapped over onto the Libre 2 yet and not particularly looking forward to it considering the problems people have reported with it and don't feel the alarms would be all that beneficial to me.

When the Libre read 5.7 which way was the arrow pointing?
Libre is said to be 15 mins behind actual BG so you were probably dropping.

When the Libre read 5.7 which way was the arrow pointing?
Libre is said to be 15 mins behind actual BG so you were probably dropping.
This is because Libre (and all CGMs) read interstitial fluids rather than blood and this is 15 minutes behind.
However, Libre 2 has adjusted the algorithm that does the conversion to include a prediction based on the current trend.

This is great when things are going in the same direction but if you have just started to come down from a spike, the algorithm will predict a peak that you don't reach and, if you have corrected a hypo, the algorithm will take longer to record the recovery.

does the Freestyle Libre 2 take time to bed in
I have one in at the moment, which took around 48hrs to settle. Some used to insert Libre1s a day early, and then start them after 24hours or so (though Abbott do not advise this).
does anyone find it a bit uncomfortable to wear (like a slight sharp pulling sensation).

I occasionally get that with both infusion sets and sensors. More often than not it seems to end up just being a fine hair trapped in the adhesive rather than anything internal.

Hope you get on well with the Libre2 - I find it mostly gives really really useful information, and I find the alarms very helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back