Freestyle 1/2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecoar001

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
Good morning folks, I am using the Freestyle 2 , 9 days in first ever sensor it quit on me, phoned Abbott they are sending a replacement (5/7 days), my chemist told me on the phone my first repeat of 2 sensors would be in Friday mid afternoon, after loads of error messages I pulled the sensor off, and went to the chemist when I got there they gave me ketone strips and 1 freestyle one sensor saying there are issues getting sensors for the Freestyle 2, I was using the app on an android phone, if I place this sensor (freestyle1) on my arm will the app be good to go, I`m a bit confused.

Yes you will still be able to use the sensor but obviously there will be no alarms xx

Thanks for your prompt response, I will go and slap the little bliter on my arm, oh the joys🙂.

I've been without for over a week now, through choice, I've had 9 out of 14 Libre 2 sensors fail since June so I'm thoroughly fed up of them, going to give it another bash tomorrow though so fingers crossed! xx

@Ecoar001 do you use the phone app or reader with your Libre?
The app definitely works with both versions of Libre but I recommend checking for the reader. I am probably being over cautious but it would be very frustrating if you attach your Libre 1 sensor and can't use it.
Hopefully, someone with more knowledgeable than I will quickly confirm.
Fingers crossed.

@helli
I was using the app on an android phone, if I place this sensor (freestyle1) on my arm will the app be good to go, I`m a bit confused.
Which led me to my response lol xx

@Ecoar001The app definitely works with both versions of Libre but I recommend checking for the reader.
The new Reader only works with Libre 2 sensors according to their website. (More recent Libre 1 Readers work with either, but don't offer alarms when used with Libre 2 sensors.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back