free to you all

Status
Not open for further replies.

bev

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Joe Solowiejczyk is a New Yorker who has links with the other list I am on for children with diabetes and he is over here doing talks/workshops about diabetes (type 1 himself for 40 odd years) - he is apparently amazing and inspirational and you will come out feeling uplifted and ready to take on anything!

Lots of people have been to his talks and they all come back and rave on about how informative he is.

This is free to go to and you just have to ring the number and give your name so they know how many are going. This is not just restricted to children and their families - this is for adults with diabetes and their families.🙂Bev

Friday 14th May

Thorpe Park Hotel, Leeds, 18.00 – 19.30

Deborah Glassborow: 07917 790611 dglassbo@its.jnj.com

Monday 17th May

Dean Park Hotel, Edinburgh 18.30 – 20.00

Allan Goldie: 07786 703 451 agoldie@its.jnj.com

Tuesday 18th & Wednesday 19th May

Dublin, venue & time TBC

Aileen Durkan: 00353 (0)8624 72274 adurkan@its.jnj.com

Thursday 20th May

Holiday Inn Express, Stanstead, 18.00- 20.00

Jeetan Lad: 07824 472276 jlad@its.jnj.com

Friday 21st May

Birmingham, Venue TBC, 17.30 – 20.00

Debbie Van Der Meer: 07973 122 908 dvdmeer@its.jnj.com

brilliant, i'll email about the Birmingham one!

edit, just posted onto my facebook and have got 2 other people interested already.

Last edited:
brilliant, i'll email about the Birmingham one!

Great. I wish I had posted the other dates as there was one in Bristol which may have been a bit nearer for you? Anyway, I think you will love it Shiv! We did a live 'chat' with him on the other forum after those awful deaths that happened recently and he was wonderful - very straight talking and down to earth and managed to give us all strength which we all badly needed!🙂Bev

Grrr!! i wish i lived in a big city like brum or leeds, nothing happens down here! no one visits and no support meetings :(

Great. I wish I had posted the other dates as there was one in Bristol which may have been a bit nearer for you? Anyway, I think you will love it Shiv! We did a live 'chat' with him on the other forum after those awful deaths that happened recently and he was wonderful - very straight talking and down to earth and managed to give us all strength which we all badly needed!🙂Bev

bev - i'm moving back to birmingham on sunday, so this is actually perfect for me!

i saw the log of the chat with him, he def seems like a great guy. looking forward to it!

Grrr!! i wish i lived in a big city like brum or leeds, nothing happens down here! no one visits and no support meetings :(

Don't feel too left out, even living in London I often have to travel to find support or start the group myself!

i take it that this person is very good at what he does, has anyone been to see him before?

if he is good i may ask my other half to take me over to edinburgh on monday

Shame there's not one nearer to me or I'd have gone along

i take it that this person is very good at what he does, has anyone been to see him before?

if he is good i may ask my other half to take me over to edinburgh on monday

Hi, I am going to see him in October at the FFL conference in Windsor, but Adrienne (and many others off the childrens forum) has heard him talk and they have all reported back with glowing reports as he is apparently very motivated and you leave him feeling like you can sort out your diabetes! I think it would be worth the trouble of going to see him definately.🙂Bev

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back