Free Style libre 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

neil2

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I've been given one of these it's waking me up telling me it's 3.5 but I've still got my Accu-chek now that's telling me 8.5.
The other evening with libre2 in front of me I had a hypo no warning , has any one else had problems or am I just lucky thank you.

You mention false lows at night. Are these compression lows caused by lying on the sensor and applying pressure?

I do lay on my arm I did not know I could not lay on it thank you for your help should I place the next one near the front of my arm it is about where the nurse put the first one .

It does sound like compression lows. They generally advise putting the sensor towards the back of the outside of the arm.

I find that I have just learned to not sleep on that arm. It is quite surprising how your brain learns to adjust and remember even when you are asleep (in the same way as being conscious where the edge of the bed is etc so you don't roll out) although to be fair I tend to sleep on my back a lot which means that my sensor is fine whichever arm it is on.

I've been given one of these it's waking me up telling me it's 3.5 but I've still got my Accu-chek now that's telling me 8.5.
The other evening with libre2 in front of me I had a hypo no warning , has any one else had problems or am I just lucky thank you.
i find this happens if i do not apply the sensor 48 hours before activating it, do you do this? i had many compression lows for a few days when it is settling in but if you apply it 2 days before activiation it allows the area around the puncture site to heal and settle and seems to work a lot more accurately

Hi. I've never had this problem with lying on the sensor or reading it 1 hour after start-up. You've been unlucky?

The libre reads up to 15 minutes behind so you will still have hypos whilst using it, and need to still rely on your hypo symptoms as well as the libre, to identify hypos.

I've had some issues with sensors sometimes giving me huge margins between my sensor and BG monitor. I find the customer service team really helpful, they will check over the phone that the sensor is working correctly and if not send you out a new one out in the post.
I personally apply it when my previous runs out, I hadn't heard of applying 48hours before using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back