Free piece of Hand Luggage to carry meds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil65

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hello all,
Wondered if anyone could shed any light on wether you are entitled to carry a free piece of hand luggage (for medical items) using Easy Jet? I know that this used to be the case (excuse the pun) but now whilst attempting to book a flight to the South of France it seems that each and every item that you take is at an inflated cost!
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I’d suggest calling them to ask as it varies by airline but you’d need to advise them in advance even if they do allow it.

I helped put this page together several years ago, but sadly I fear many of the links on it may now be out of date.

Might give you a clue for search terms though?

I have travelled EasyJet many times, including this month. I completely understand what you mean by them charging for every items, probably including your toothbrush.
I have never bothered with additional luggage for meds as I always travel light and find not benefit with additional bags to carry. I understand you will have to ask the airline if you want or need it.

Personally I prefer to keep the baggage I have to carry around the airport to a minimum, so it all goes in one bag. But I do get my OH to carry some spare supplies as well, “just in case”.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back