Free onetouch ultraeasy meter

Status
Not open for further replies.

gail2

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
There was a thread about this but i cant find it. Got mine today and im well chuffed with it now means i can have one in my bag and one at home and none of the bother of have i got it or not. They also sent me a onetouch comfort lancing device and this is brilliant normally no matter what number i put the lancing device on it bloody hurts. But this one is great and does not hurt at all. Took it with me to doctors appointment and asked him if he would be willing to prescribe the lancets and he had no issues with this at all, he did point out that the fact it does not have such a large gauge needle might have something to do with it

It is helpful to have a meter within reach at all times. I have one in my desk at work, one at home and one in my hand bag so that a meter is handy at all times.

It is helpful to have a meter within reach at all times. I have one in my desk at work, one at home and one in my hand bag so that a meter is handy at all times.

Do you have the same models or different ones round the house? if so can u get different strips on prescription or are u limited to a prescription for one type of strip.

I have a few models for Accucheck and Freestyle but have only ever use my Freestyle coz i heard u could only get a prescription for that one lot of the strips.

I guess i should have asked my doc haha

As mum says... you don't ask you don't get

kt x😱

Yes, we use 4. one for home, one in her school bag, one in her handbag and one at grandma's house. They are all One Touch, so we only have one type of strips.

Do you have the same models or different ones round the house? if so can u get different strips on prescription or are u limited to a prescription for one type of strip.

I have a few models for Accucheck and Freestyle but have only ever use my Freestyle coz i heard u could only get a prescription for that one lot of the strips.

I guess i should have asked my doc haha

As mum says... you don't ask you don't get

kt x😱

They are all the same make, makes it easier to get test strips and I just put them with whichever meter needs them.

Untill recently, i had the 2 lots of strips and 2 lots of lancets on my pescription.
I had a new meter and the docs forgot to take the old ones off. 🙄

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back