Free NHS approved diabetes monitoring app

Status
Not open for further replies.

kentish maid

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Have just had a text telling me my GP Surgery want me to register for an app. The service is provided by mymhelath. Has anyone signed up for this app, and if so have they found it useful?

Just Googled it and it seems quite handy. It allows you to track your progress and store key pieces of data that's sharable with your health care professionals.

Worth having a play with to see if it's something that would be helpful along your journey.

Worth having a play with to see if it's something that would be helpful along your journey.
Thank you. I am seeing the diabetic nurse on 7th December so I thought I would have a word with her as I am guessing other members of the GP practice I go to will have had similar invitations. I am a bit new to smart phones and apps so am a bit apprehensive about downloading things

It looks like a flashier version of the MyDiabetesMyWay app that is used all over Scotland. Based in Dundee, the IT capital of Scotland, it collects data from your diabetic blood tests, including renal, wherever those tests are done - in hospital, Gp Surgery, anywhere in Scotland. Doesn’t need any user input, but is a good general guide for your own progress.

The MyHealth Diabetes App is safe to download, it is Apple approved, and they are are very hot on online safety. That is just for info, it is also safe on Android devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back