Fred Dibnah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amity Island

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Incredible video of Fred erecting some scaffold on top of a chimney.

What a guy! You rarely meet people like this. A real character, passionate, connected, clever, brave, interesting etc

He drove a traction engine to Buckingham Palace to receive his Honour.

Could have cried day heard Fred had died, he was a legend & loved his shows on tv, all round nice guy who was so down to earth.

Great to see him again in video @Amity Island
It got me looking at many other videos of his life. His wife was fab too, took an interest in his work, really looked after the kids and home so he could do what he enjoyed doing. Would of been great been a kid living in his house. No kids would have had an upbringing like theirs!

Funny how now and again we are given the privilege of having these one in a million people. There is something (out of this world almost) about him. Brings out all sorts of feelings and emotions watching him.

It got me looking at many other videos of his life. His wife was fab too, took an interest in his work, really looked after the kids and home so he could do what he enjoyed doing. Would of been great been a kid living in his house. No kids would have had an upbringing like theirs!

Funny how now and again we are given the privilege of having these one in a million people. There is something (out of this world almost) about him. Brings out all sorts of feelings and emotions watching him.

Had a few wife's did Fred, as you say AM he had good family around him.

One thing that always stands out for me was him saying Did You Like That? Fred would turn to camera or people around him & say it after chimney demolition.

One thing that always stands out for me was him saying Did You Like That? Fred would turn to camera or people around him & say it after chimney demolition.
By a strange coincidence my wife met Sue one of Fred’s ex wife’s ( know she has a couple of children from him) by pure chance.
She had 2 dogs similar to us and moved to within a mile of us and they were communicating on social media so we bumped into her on a walk and my wife became quite good friends.

@nonethewiser

Can you think of any other people who have captivated your attention like Dibnah?

And don't forget Blaster Bates who was much more in the Fred Dibnah mould.

And don't forget Blaster Bates who was much more in the Fred Dibnah mould.
He was brilliant, but probably not suitable for a BBC series. I remember one of his stories involving a piece of the landscape he nicknamed 'Knicker Brook'.

Alright, Winston Churchill Nicholas Winton Sir Alex Ferguson George Best Sir Bobby Charlton Ronnie O'Sullivan are just a few mate.
Do you think it would be fair to say that they all had a few things in common which made then so captivating. Humble and very, very good at what they did and they did it with enjoyment (not for fame or fortune).

Yesterday, I watched an interview with Ronnie O'Sullivan and like Dibnah, there is always a simple truth to what they say, you never feel misled or deceived in any way. Compare them to a politician and you will see what I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back