France as a fast food nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
FAST-FOOD giant McDonald?s aims to seduce further the French market with the launch of a range of ?Frenchstyle? sandwiches ? all of which have more calories than a Big Mac.

It comes as Food Minister Guillaume Garot prepares to speak to the food industry in a bid to find ways to help people avoid fattening foods - and reduce France?s growing obesity levels.

A traffic light scheme with green for non-fattening foods is one proposal. McDonald's has 1,200 branches in France (home-grown European rival Quick has around 400) and wants to consolidate its dominant position but could run foul of ministers who reacted with alarm to a study showing obesity has doubled in 15 years.

http://www.connexionfrance.com/McDo...ket-French-do-get-fat-11792-news-article.html

As long as they don't stop doing 'Special potatoes' (fried potato wedges lightly coated in crunchy garlicy 'stuff' - sooooooooo much nicer than frites!) and the dipping sauces for frites and the special one for the wedges, plus keep on keeping on with serving PROPER coffee, I don't care.

And of course, tell me the carbs in everythinng on the container.

And also, keep the free wifi.

I especially do want them to a) build new stores and b) refurbish existing ones, because that pays my husband and our son-in-law - who are both employed laser cutting, bending and welding hospital quality heavy gauge stainless steel sheet, for McD's kitchens worldwide!

The company get the whole kitchen contracts, outsource the electricals, assemble and then fit the whole caboodle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back