• Community Members: Please be respectful of other peoples' opinions within our online community

Found the Perfect Little Cakes for my Birthday! Mr Kipling 8 After Dinner Mint Fancies

Lanny

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Along with my semi regular Mr Kipling Reduced Sugar slices this week I saw that these were on a reduced clubcard price this week & tried them. Now, these are definitely NOT reduced in sugar & can’t be eaten all the time as they need quite a bit of extra insulin but, I’ll be going for these for my Birthday later at the end of November: BIG 50th one as well! :p:D

Some of you may know I’ve had hits & misses with getting small chocolate cakes for my Birthday as they tend to be drier, denser than larger cakes & start to dry out pretty fast once opened to eat! :( While these are not one whole cake these little fancies are REALLY moist, rich, chocolatey, sweet & minty! Despite the tiny size of them they’ve stayed moist the last 3 days while I’ve eaten them 2 after my dinner, 4 on the 1st day as they were SO delicious:oops::p, & worth the extra insulin needed for these!:p:p:p

My small Birthday cake for last year was horribly dry & I didn’t enjoy it: NOT worth the extra insulin! :( & Tears in my eyes emoji! And I skipped my annual Birthday cake the year before that! So, I’m REALLY looking forward to these again for my BIG 50th Birthday later this year! :p:D:cool:;)

Last edited:

ColinUK

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Could you make your own or is that a total non starter?

Lanny

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Absolutely NOT! It’s the only time in the year that I have a proper sweet indulgent chocolate cake of which I have 1 or 2 slices, why I go for small cakes, & dump the rest to avoid temptation! :rolleyes:

The last good cake I had was 2 years ago: last year’s was DREADFUL & I I didn’t have one the year before that!

I just accept that I need extra insulin for it, guess the dose, test & correct as necessary & put up with any/if elevated levels the next morning! :rolleyes:

Pumper_Sue

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Absolutely NOT! It’s the only time in the year that I have a proper sweet indulgent chocolate cake of which I have 1 or 2 slices, why I go for small cakes, & dump the rest to avoid temptation! :rolleyes:
Would slicing the cake into your portion size and freezing it be of any use? Idea being if you have to wait for it to defrost the temptation might decrease a bit :)

D

Deleted member 33972

Could you make your own or is that a total non starter?
Slimming world recipes on YouTube. I make the Swiss roll without flour and use stevia it’s very nice. not made it for a while , chocolate muffins also and lemon drizzle cake.

D

Deleted member 33972

The last good cake I had was 2 years ago: last year’s was DREADFUL & I I didn’t have one the year before that!

I just accept that I need extra insulin for it, guess the dose, test & correct as necessary & put up with any/if elevated levels the next morning! :rolleyes:
Enjoy when it comes !