Found a dark mark on foot and now I’ve scared myself silly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emilymay

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
This evening after my shower I noticed this dark blister type mark on my heel. Blood perfusion is good around the blister but what the hell is it?? Of course straight on Google and I’ve convinced I’ve got gangrene. Any ideas (going to have a very sleepless night tonight worrying.

Can’t say when it appeared as stupidly I don’t check my feet often. Did go on a hike about 4 weeks ago and got blisters on my heel, could it be from that?

Attachments

• IMG_0154.jpeg
    IMG_0154.jpeg
    30.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0155.jpeg
    IMG_0155.jpeg
    38 KB · Views: 10
Have you only just noticed it, does it hurt. It could be residue from the blister but your pharmacy may check it out for you.

Have you only just noticed it, does it hurt. It could be residue from the blister but your pharmacy may check it out for you.
I’ve only just noticed it. Can’t be sure how long it’s been there. No, no pain at all, haven’t had pain in my heel since the walk 4 weeks ago.

It looks like the remnant of a blister but I’d get it checked out just for reassurance @Emilymay I saw someone with gangrene when I was first diagnosed (a bit scary!). It didn’t look like that. But it’s always wise to get your feet checked out by a professional if there’s anything concerning. Even if it is just a blister scab, you’ll get advice how to best look after it.

It looks like the remnant of a blister but I’d get it checked out just for reassurance @Emilymay I saw someone with gangrene when I was first diagnosed (a bit scary!). It didn’t look like that. But it’s always wise to get your feet checked out by a professional if there’s anything concerning. Even if it is just a blister scab, you’ll get advice how to best look after it.
I’m going to do an e-consult to my surgery tomorrow. Hoping for some reassurance before the bank holiday weekend but we will see. Think I saw that then panicked! I think it may just be an old blood blister (pictures make it look a lot darker than what it is, I think, is more a light brown colour) I really need to stay off Google!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back