• Please Remember: Members are only permitted to share their own experiences. Members are not qualified to give medical advice. Additionally, everyone manages their health differently. Please be respectful of other people's opinions about their own diabetes management.
  • Take a look at our new Type 2 Diabetes Remission section on the Diabetes UK website: https://www.diabetes.org.uk/diabetes-the-basics/type-2-remission

Forxiga

agentmole

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
My CDN put me onto forxiga about four weeks ago, my original request was for ozempic which is virtually unobtainable locally, my weight was 19st. She advised me to closely monitor my glucose levels and adjust as required, so far I have reduced my Toujeo from 16 to 12 units daily and almost halved my use of Fiasp for meals, also to my surprise I’ve lost almost half a stone! My TIR is currently 96%, is this a normal response to this drug? Obviously it varies from person to person but so this seems to be having a huge impact, has anyone had similar experience?

I can't comment on if this is normal as I have no experience of it, but just wanted to congratulate you on the TIR and weight loss and wish you continuing success. It is a great result!

Glad it’s working so well for you @agentmole

Congratulations!

I was put on forxica last year after being on an older medication. I lost half a stone without trying straight away. My GP told me that would happen due to the differing way it makes the body deal with sugar, so I assume it is normal.

Back