Forxiga (dapagliflozina) med

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ooosha

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Does anyone know anything about this new drug that my surgery is trying to get diabetics onto. Has anyone else been on this. Some of the side effects sound scary like developing a flesh eating condition in the genital area. I would appreciate any info or experience of this drug before I decide to take it.

I was on this for 18 months or so.
I am type 1 and the Diabetic clinic said it's being used to level off the spikes In BG as I was having.
When the Covid Pandemic started, I had a call from them to stop taking it as it was seen to be causing complications with Covid.
I have not been back on it since

It is a medication which encourages the kidneys to remove excess glucose by excreting it in urine. It is important to have good fluid intake (3 litres per day) and the consequence of that is frequent loo visits. Also as there will tend to be a high level of glucose in your urine then it is more likely to get urinary tract infection or thrush as bacteria and yeasts love a sugary environment.
Do your research on the medication, but a 'flesh eating ' condition is a bit extreme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back