Forxiga and thrush

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spangle0581

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi guys . So I won’t lie . I haven’t been the best with food over Christmas . It’s hard isn’t it and I am finding it hard getting back onto my healthy eating. I have been on Forxiga for about 7 months . I was diagnosed with thrush the other week as has intense itching. Has anyone changed their Forxiga for something else which has reduced the thrush symptoms. It’s really getting me down . Thx for listening

Hi guys . So I won’t lie . I haven’t been the best with food over Christmas . It’s hard isn’t it and I am finding it hard getting back onto my healthy eating. I have been on Forxiga for about 7 months . I was diagnosed with thrush the other week as has intense itching. Has anyone changed their Forxiga for something else which has reduced the thrush symptoms. It’s really getting me down . Thx for listening
As that medication is encouraging your kidneys to excrete excess glucose via urine, it is providing the exact environment that the yeast that causes thrush absolutely love so trying to get your blood glucose down will help as will making sure you drink plenty. Getting treatment for your thrush asap is important.
Similar meds are likely to have the same effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back