everydayupsanddowns

Administrator
Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello again

Just to let you know that an additional theme has launched today which has been designed for increased legibility with increased contrast, larger minimum text sizes, a warm background colour to reduce glare, and additional letter and word spacing as recommended by the British Dyslexia Association.

Hope it helps 🙂

If you’d like to switch between the themes you will find a menu at the very bottom of the screen in the forum footer.

1644570292411.jpeg

Click on the name of the current theme, then select from the pop-up ‘Style Chooser’ menu.

1646137546439.jpeg

Last edited:
Dark mode is still the best, I can see the benefits of the larger spacing mode thoufh

I was interested to read the Dyslexia Assoc’s recommendation of sans fonts, because the characters in serif fonts at reading text sizes can start to bleed into one another
When I was still working we were told (I think it might have been by the Dyslexia people) that Comic Sans text was easiest for children and people with dyslexia. Maybe it's changed?

When I was still working we were told (I think it might have been by the Dyslexia people) that Comic Sans text was easiest for children and people with dyslexia. Maybe it's changed?

I'm not Dyslexic by the way, just a Geek

P'raps the term 'sight limited' or whatever it is called now applies to so many different things that its almost impossible to get a 'High-Contrast' theme that works for everyone - Dyslexia must be very different to having, e.g. damage / degradation caused by diabetes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back