Forgotten insulin

Status
Not open for further replies.

imtrying

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I am officially stupid...

I turned up at work this morning, ate my breakfast and then went to do my injection, only to realise I only had 4 units left :(

now I have to go through the rest of the day hi and all that brings with it.

I know these things happen, but it still doesn't stop me feeling soooo stupid - to non-diabetic people this must seem like a 'how the hell do you manage to do that' case

so angry with myself 😡

sorry, rant over!

Oh dear Katie yes i know it will be said but it will have been done before no doubt by many of us makes you feel so daft but sometimes we all forget dont beat yourself up to bad , im not on insulin but on byetta which is an injectible pen and i've forgot to take it for a full day before and i ended up quite high..Hope things dont go to wrong for you at work hun...Maybe a little note on the front of the fridge might help x

Hi Katie, is there a chemist nearby? My chemist has said that I should never run out of tablets as he will always give me an emergency supply if I forget to re-order on time.

Just a thought.

I've done this a few times over the years. I was lucky that I could drive home to get supplies and make the time up after.

If you think you'll be too high, I'd see if you can either get home or try a chemist or hospital.

Good luck

Rob

Hi Katie, is there a chemist nearby? My chemist has said that I should never run out of tablets as he will always give me an emergency supply if I forget to re-order on time.

Just a thought.

Thanks Marge, great idea, but I'm not sure a chemist would just give me some insulin....I've lost one of my injections before when I was away for a weekend (must have fallen out my bag) and I ended up having to go to a hospital and they injected me with a syringe (I had the cartridges) and I wasn't allowed to leave with it!

Oh dear Katie yes i know it will be said but it will have been done before no doubt by many of us makes you feel so daft but sometimes we all forget dont beat yourself up to bad , im not on insulin but on byetta which is an injectible pen and i've forgot to take it for a full day before and i ended up quite high..Hope things dont go to wrong for you at work hun...Maybe a little note on the front of the fridge might help x

thanks Steffie, you did make me feel not quite so stupid!
I'm going to try and find some things to eat that are low in carbs and sugars....could be difficult as I work in a Jewish company and we're not allowed meat! wish me luck!

done this last week..............was not imprerssed...................😡

I forgot my tablet s this morning and am paying for it now. Luckily I have an understanding boss.

I have done this before too, once left my kit at home and only a couple of weeks ago was at home and about to eat my tea when I realised I'd left my kit on my desk at work! 😱 Luckily it is only a 10 min drive to work so both times have been able to rectify the situation quite quickly.

Hope you are ok.

thanks all....and I am some-what comforted that others have done it too and it's not just me!

I've just sat in my car and eaten chicken and some sausages so hopefully the affect on my blood sugars won't be too bad. failing that I'll just go run up and down the stairs a bit!

unfortunately I work about an hour and a half drive from my house....I could have told them and asked to go home and carry on working from home, but it's just plain embarrassing to be honest! if I'd eaten lots before I realised I would have had to, but this, I think I'll just keep to myself 😛

Imtrying - hope the day went OK. I fortunately have never arrived anywhere with only 4 units left, but this is because I always carry a spare cartiridge of each insulin (bolus and basal) in a pencil case with my insulin pen, speare syringe, a few plasters, ibuprofen and tampons, which just about covers all eventualities for me.
I'm not sure that I'd trust leaving insulin in a work fridge, as I can't be sure if it goes wrong at weekend, colleagues move it etc, but every workplace is different. Plus I work in up 5 different workplaces, for up to 3 different employers in a 7 day period, which is a bit extreme, but really happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back