For those whose GPs won't prescibe strips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
This is the page of the SMBG International Working Group. Go to the bottom of the webpage and click on the 'Download' for their latest report. It's quite a long document, but you can skip to the conclusions starting on page 16. It's quite revealing and shows how outdated many doctor's approach is to testing for T2s.

http://smbg-iwg.org/

Unless you have my GP and if he has never heard of something, it doesn't really count...

I should add that Andrew Farmer, who was involved in the 2002 study that
GPs often quote in their arguments against prescribing, is a member of this group, so this might represent a change of mind for his conclusions - or in any case goes to show that you cannot base your practices on one small study.

Unless you have my GP and if he has never heard of something, it doesn't really count...

Same here, but I'll bring this to her attention anyway. Who know, perhaps she'll read it.

Same here, but I'll bring this to her attention anyway. Who know, perhaps she'll read it.

I think it's worth it - she may not be aware or have time to keep up with the latest information being a GP and has just been sticking with what she has been told until told otherwise. To me, this makes an indisputable case for testing for those willing and able to do so.

This is the page of the SMBG International Working Group. Go to the bottom of the webpage and click on the 'Download' for their latest report. It's quite a long document, but you can skip to the conclusions starting on page 16. It's quite revealing and shows how outdated many doctor's approach is to testing for T2s.

http://smbg-iwg.org/

Thanks for this Northener, will have it in my hands next time I visit the nurse...

Thanks for that, after yesterday's naff appointment, I've decided to go back and see a different doctor and tell them to stick their prozac, and get a referral for counselling instead..

Ps. I dont need test strips or lancets at the moment because my good friend gave me some which was very kind of her! 😱

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back