Footwear for work???

Status
Not open for further replies.

aimleigh98

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
I was diagnosed with T2 diabetes when I was 23, I’m 25 now and struggling with soreness in my toes. I work in a pub so I’m constantly on my feet.
For about 5 years now, black vans have been my go-to work shoe. Never had any problems with them and they have always been super comfortable but just lately they are making my toes especially super sore.

Does anyone have any recommendations for wide fit, all black work shoes for someone on their feet 10+ hours a day? (Shoes that aren’t terribly ugly and ones that I could wear with black skinny jeans)

Thankssss

I was diagnosed with T2 diabetes when I was 23, I’m 25 now and struggling with soreness in my toes. I work in a pub so I’m constantly on my feet.
For about 5 years now, black vans have been my go-to work shoe. Never had any problems with them and they have always been super comfortable but just lately they are making my toes especially super sore.

Does anyone have any recommendations for wide fit, all black work shoes for someone on their feet 10+ hours a day? (Shoes that aren’t terribly ugly and ones that I could wear with black skinny jeans)

Thankssss
Can you not just try some on in a shoe shop and see what feel comfortable?

I have some Skechers, black, relaxed fit which are very comfy and which don't look too trainer-ish. I like the padded soles in skechers. I walk about 20k steps per day and rely heavily on several pairs in different colours. If you can find a retail outlet with a skechers shop they are generally quite a bit cheaper than buying over the internet, plus you can try them on. Good luck, sore feet are horrible!

Clarks do wide size G?

Can you not just try some on in a shoe shop and see what feel comfortable?
Yeah I can! I just wanted to know if anyone had shoes that are really good so I could go and try those on! You can’t always tell if shoes are going to be comfortable for 10+ hours a day just by trying them on in the shop though x

I have some Skechers, black, relaxed fit which are very comfy and which don't look too trainer-ish. I like the padded soles in skechers. I walk about 20k steps per day and rely heavily on several pairs in different colours. If you can find a retail outlet with a skechers shop they are generally quite a bit cheaper than buying over the internet, plus you can try them on. Good luck, sore feet are horrible!
Thank you so much! I’m going to have a look at sketchers!

Someone in our house tried Shoes for Crews a while back to see if they had anything particularly suitable for being on their feet a lot. I can’t remember if the ones they went for were particularly good, but they do have tips for footwear in different roles and workplaces.

I’d imagine you’d need a good supportive shock-absorbing sole and arch support?

I am also a fan of Sketchers, Hotter are also good but for me some styles are too high on the sides and catch my ankle bone. Well worth actually trying on and walking round the shop for quite a while before making your decision.

Unlike others, I am not a fan of Sketchers. Not only do they not suit my feet, I find they are badly made and do not last long. But, if they suit your feet then they are worth trying.

My advice would be to have more than one pair of shoes, if you can afford it, and wear them in different days. If they are different styles, they will allow your feet to "recover" from very slight issues which you may not notice until they build up.

Skechers for me too! Slippers, boots and sandals. I am lucky that I have a designer outlet very close ( sometimes too close lol ) to my home.

There’s always DMs of course. I find the bouncy soles extremely comfy and forgiving for a lot of time on my feet. The heels are sometimes a little firm for me, but a gel-type insole works a treat!

I don't spend as much time on my feet these days, but used to be a runner. Runners are advised to wear shoes a size or 2 bigger to give more room round the toes (feet swell with activity, even when healthy).

Even though I don't run these days, I still buy trainers a size bigger than my normal size, and they are so much more comfortable for days when I'm doing a lot of walking.

Maybe it would be worth considering going up a size in the same shoes (especially if they've been comfy in the past) to see if that helps?

Got recommended Hotter at diabetic clinic and have bought several pairs. Apparently the don't have any internal seams that might rub. I find them comfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back