Foot question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steff

Little Miss Chatterbox
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I might sound so stupid here but I just wanted to ask,when i get out of the bath i sometimes let my feet dry naturally without towel drying them am i doing any damage by doing that diabetes wise?.I'd say is proberbly 90% i do dry them proper and 10% i dont.

I was told to always dry them properly, including between the toes. It's a good habit to get into I think, because it means you are paying close attention to them o a daily basis (or depending on how often you get them wet! 🙂) Doing this means that you will spot any potential problems very early on.

I'm not really the right person to answer this question, as I'm not Diabetic, but I never dry my feet with a towel either 😉. I sometimes worry whether it might cause athletes foot or any other problems, but so far nothing bad has happend to my feet because of not drying them with a towel.

I tend to give my feet a quick rub over and just push the towel between each toe. It's a lazy version of a thorough drying. :D

I did once have a blister between 2 toes which I left all day and by teatime I couldn't stand on the foot. I was in casualty at 9pm having it swabbed and dressed (that was 25 years ago), so I am a bit careful with my feet.

Rob

I was always told to dry thoroughly and between toes also.

I never did this either before diabetes though, but I always do now. Like northe says its good practice and you could spot anything before it happens so to speak.

I also quicky got into the habit of never being bare foot, always out of shoes and into slippers. Its so easy to step on something that could cause damage etc.

I have always been told to wash and dry my feet thoroughly.. found this site which mentions all that I have been told.

Diabetic Foot Care

Thank you everyone who replied from now on i will be drying my feet proper.

since being diginosed i now dry my feet which i never realy did before. i sometimes find it hard though as my feet are always so tingly and senitive but i do try anyway. and like tracey said i always take my shoes off and stright into my slippers, never bare foot.

When I was a kid I walked on a thumb tack which stuck in my big toe, ever since then I hate walking barefoot even if the floor is carpeted. It makes me cringe and almost feel sick when I see people walking outside in bare feet.. mind you I hate feet at the best of times.

When I was a kid I walked on a thumb tack which stuck in my big toe, ever since then I hate walking barefoot even if the floor is carpeted. It makes me cringe and almost feel sick when I see people walking outside in bare feet.. mind you I hate feet at the best of times.

I should be ashamed really i tell everyone in the household to wear slippers and be careful and here is me not drying me feet proper.🙄

I'm not even sure if I dry my feet Steff! I think I do but not too much, I am probable one of the worst culprits of walking around bare foot inside or out, gravel or grass, I think I like it always have really it was hearing that I must wear shoes etc when diagnosed that hacked me off the most!🙄

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back