Status
Not open for further replies.

smirkz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/They
Hi all,
Over the past few days I have started to get sharp stabbing pains on the top of my right foot. Initially I put it down to lack of exercise (I’m currently signed off sick for a couple of weeks due to a completely separate issue). However, the pain is beginning to keep me up at night and after a late night search on Doctor Google, I’m aware this could be the start of PN.
Can anyone who suffers with PN tell me, please, what it feels like and how you manage the pain? Obviously I will go to my GP when I can get an appointment, but at the moment I’m just looking for ways to deal with it (and hopefully get some sleep!!).
Many thanks 🙂

I've had problems with painful feet recently, but it turned out to be cellulitis, which took a few days to develop but has been memorably painful. Watch out for swelling, redness and increasing agony putting foot to the floor.
The GPs at my local surgery came good with emergency prescriptions after I sent photos to their website.

I've had problems with painful feet recently, but it turned out to be cellulitis, which took a few days to develop but has been memorably painful. Watch out for swelling, redness and increasing agony putting foot to the floor.
The GPs at my local surgery came good with emergency prescriptions after I sent photos to their website.
Oh I’ve heard that’s very painful, yeah! I don’t have any swelling or indication of infection which is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back