Foot pain and Heat

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotcheggs

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi all, hope everyone is well.

Recently i've been getting sharp pains in both feet/toes. It mostly happens at night but also during the day. Comes on without warning. I've also had a feeling in both feet that they are super hot, but when I touch them they are not hot at all.

Anyone else had this? I'm thinking it must be related to my diabetes.

Thanks all.

Sounds like fairly common symptoms of nerve problems, which is something people with high blood sugar can get.

Best talking to the GP/Health Care people about it.

I definitely agree about having a chat with your GP. I had very similar symptoms and did speak to my GP but he totally dismissed my concerns. I was like you, with a burning, jumping feeling in both feet but they were cold to touch.

I took matters into my own hands and bought compression socks and they have really helped a lot. The burning feeling has totally stopped now. I wear them a lot as they also have the added bonus of keeping my feet warm in bed 😉

Trying to get a GP appointment or even a phone consultation is almost impossible. I do have a podiatry appointment in a couple of weeks so I'm going to ask them about it in the first instance

I definitely agree about having a chat with your GP. I had very similar symptoms and did speak to my GP but he totally dismissed my concerns. I was like you, with a burning, jumping feeling in both feet but they were cold to touch.

I took matters into my own hands and bought compression socks and they have really helped a lot. The burning feeling has totally stopped now. I wear them a lot as they also have the added bonus of keeping my feet warm in bed 😉

wow Deb... you lost 44kgs... .. i need to lose about 30. Well done on your weight loss and improving diabetes numbers!

Hi all, hope everyone is well.

Recently i've been getting sharp pains in both feet/toes. It mostly happens at night but also during the day. Comes on without warning. I've also had a feeling in both feet that they are super hot, but when I touch them they are not hot at all.

Anyone else had this? I'm thinking it must be related to my diabetes.

Thanks all.
I've had problems for about 14 months now. The heat is a problem as I am constantly needing to cool them down, so the cold weather is a plus. Also to the touch they feel fine but any type of activity and the symptoms go through the roof. I've got an appointment with the roomatoligists at the hospital end of Feb. That will be 8 months on their waiting list. Hope they can do something about it. But I'm guessing foot pain is normally long-term. The research I've done on the Net shows there are a lot of people out there desperate for relief of pain in the feet.

wow Deb... you lost 44kgs... .. i need to lose about 30. Well done on your weight loss and improving diabetes numbers!
Thank you!! Lost it all following a low carb approach to food. In hindsight, I probably should have tried it years ago because it’s really suited me and the weight loss has been easy. I’ve plateaued now but that’s fine.

My original goal was to get my HaA1c back to normal levels. The weight loss has been a super side effect of low carb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back